What if Metroid 3 was better then halo?

I heavily enjoyed both Metroid Prime 1/2and Halo 1/2. They are both very different games. It wasn't the "hype machine" that made Halo 2 as popular as it is today. I mean, no matter when you log on to play, the servers are filled with people. There has to be something good about it if people continue to play it despite being "overhyped."

Metroid Prime is based on puzzle solving and exploration. Combat is put on a hold so that an emphasis is placed on the environment. In Halo 2, combat is very much a part of the game but not as much as other FPSs. For the guy who play CS:S every weekend with his friends, he is probably not going to like Halo 2's single player campaign as much because it is story-based.

What I'm trying to say is this: some people like different things. Personally, I don't like CS:S although I understand why it might be popular. I like Metroid Prime 2 and Halo 2 about equally, however. They're both great games IMO.

DemonDiablo said:
ok and if we are going to use lists to determine the validity of game popularity then i guess halo 1 and 2 are a perfect 10 then. i lost all respect for IGN years ago.

Dude. Popularity = most played

I'm not saying they're great games but we were discussing popularity and it's easy to track because it's just straight numbers. And you're right about Halo 1 and 2. VERY popular. What's so harmful about being popular? The Sims is THE most popular game ever but I hate it. So what?! lol Different strokes for different folks...

"Elitist bastards" eh? But yeah, BF2 is better than all these games. :D Apples/oranges some might say but Halo is popular only for MP in my circles anyways. But, anyone notice this is the PC section? :eek:

I don't know, PC really has a lot of GREAT fps games.

Baredor said:
Goldeneye.
Pistols.
License to Kill.

Thank you, have a nice day. :)

I was playing CS beta when Goldeneye was out. I didn't see the fun in it although a lot of my friends were obsess with it.

synergyo1 said:
I was playing CS beta when Goldeneye was out. I didn't see the fun in it although a lot of my friends were obsess with it.
Never saw the fun in it too, it was pretty boring to me.

CS was one of the original PC multiplayer FPS.

That and it's also the most advertised/competitive game. And it's completely different than CS:S.

fromage said:
CS was one of the original PC multiplayer FPS.

That and it's also the most advertised/competitive game. And it's completely different than CS:S.

The don't see where you are going in your post?

The original betas had almost little to no advertising. Maybe because VALVe was in no way involved in the mod. The community was significantly smaller back then.

I dispute the fact that it was one of the original PC multiplayer FPS...

Anyway back on topic...

Back