What happened to the mechwarrior reboot

TheGreySpectre

Limp Gawd
They released a cool trailer and did some promo work promising free Mechwarrior 4 back around 2009, but I have not heard anything since then. Does anyone know what happened to the game?

What a bummer, I was really looking forward to a new mech game, I hope they can get all of that resolved and finish the game in a reasonable amount of time.

What a bummer, I was really looking forward to a new mech game, I hope they can get all of that resolved and finish the game in a reasonable amount of time.
Yeah, I really wish someone would say whether or not its still alive. Was really looking forward to it as I want some new MechWarrior action. Have yet to try MechWarrior Living Legends.

I've only ever heard good things about Living Legends. And the free version of MW4: Mercs has a good amount of extra weapons and mechs. I don't think they added any single player missions but there are extra mutliplayer maps and you can use all the new weapons and mechs. I think graphics were improved a little bit and there are mods that improve them more.

Legal issues with Harmony Gold last I heard.

Wait...are you serious?

Harmony Gold is still f*cking things up after 30 years? I thought they would have died with Carl Macek. They are still milking Robotech and butchering Macross material to death and claiming rights on designs they licensed 30 years ago. Bandai/Big West should just reclaim the rights after all this time.

At the same time, I can't help but wonder why the Mechwarrior universe cannot just reboot itself and shed itself of the crappy Americanized Macross/Dougram designs that were pretty ugly to begin with that FASA used for the RPG books, etc. and have been in it for so long.

Just design your own new and modern mechs. We don't need ugly things from the 80s.

Back