What do u think?...

Deutch420

Gawd
Well, I've been looking all over for a nice system, with a great GPU for a reasonable price, and i think i found one. I value everyones opinions on this forum, so i figured i would post her stats, and cost and see what you all think! well, here it is.....

Raidmax A8 Aluminum 8-Bays Super Light Weight Case w/420W Power Supply Black
AMD® Athlon-64 3000+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
1024 MB Dual Channel [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Geil or Major Brand
Nvidia geforce 6800 GT 256 w/ dvi + tv out
200 GB HARD DRIVE Maxtor 200 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA-133 8MB Cache Hard Drive
16x DVD-ROM Drive
NEC ND-3500A Dual Format/Duble Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Combo: Logitech Black Desktop Internet Keyboard + Optical Mouse Black
Thermal Temperature LCD Display
6-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer
Cold Cathode Neon Light Blue
MS Windows XP Professional Edition
LinkSys WUSB54G 802.11g 54Mbps Wireless USB Adapter

$1,489.00 shipped to my front door.

It comes with a 3 year warrenty w/ 1 year at home service parts/labor blah blah.

Also, i feel obligated to inform you all that it would be coming from www.ibuypower.com . i have checked their resellerratings, and am not too impressed. Any input on ibuypower as a company???

Also, taking full advantage of dells 20% off + no tax + free shipping deal on the 20.1 " Dell 2001fp. and that bad boy will be arriving at my door in a few days for a woopping $719 brand new 3 year warrenty! WOOT

Well, im looking forward to hearing all your input on the system. And would also appreciate any other places you all know of that sell customized or nice gaming systems in a similar price bracket!

Drink beer, and be merry!

there's no mobo listed....which means it's probably a sucky one....=/

can't you build one? it's usually a better idea to build your own systems if you're spending that much anyway

gwai lo said:
there's no mobo listed....which means it's probably a sucky one....=/

can't you build one? it's usually a better idea to build your own systems if you're spending that much anyway

oops forgot the mobo
Foxconn 755A01-6EKRS SIS-755 Chipset w/5.1 Sound, LAN, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 8x AGP Motherboard

as for building my own system, never tried to so i dont know that i cant.. but i dont think this is a good system to learn on....

everything seems pretty good. just to let you know that ive had nothing but trouble with maxtor drives. i have bought a few drives from them in the past and they stopped working after about 2 weeks of use. this was about a year ago and ill never use their products again. id go with hitachi, western digital, or seagate for large capacity hard drives. just my 2 cents.

Deutch420 said:
oops forgot the mobo
Foxconn 755A01-6EKRS SIS-755 Chipset w/5.1 Sound, LAN, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 8x AGP Motherboard

as for building my own system, never tried to so i dont know that i cant.. but i dont think this is a good system to learn on....
I would personally take a pass on anything but an nVidia board for an Athlon64. SiS boards usually end up being buttom-rung cheap OEM boards, and you can bet that Firewire controller uses a shitty VIA chipset that only works with some devices some of the time. My advice, look at something like a shuttle, all the instructions you will need to build it come with and you can get the same parts for the same price.

Back