What did I do? Core 78?

wings2004

Limp Gawd
So I was back for the weekend and tinkered with my system some more and thought I had everything going just swell when today I checked online and I hadn't uploaded anything, which is odd so I remote into the server and look back in the terminal window, it said I had just completed a project and it had uploaded 2 of 2 work units successfully. It said that project was 6988 and it was working on another one with that, but it didn't seem like DLB was on or the kraken. Well I saw that it was running Core 78 so I thought maybe I need to rewrap the routine, but when I went into my FAH dir, there was no core 78 file and when I stopped FAH to run the kraken again it said it ran on 0 of 1 files. This was really confusing me so I did a -configonly to see if my info was there, and it was, so I started back up and running and now DLB (and thekraken) is on and it picked up on the WU I was working on a couple days ago (a 8101). Can anyone think of what I might have done to FAH to produce this behaviour? Thanks in advance!

Wings

Last edited:
I do not know if this helps, for information only, I set switch for -bigadv , system loaded core 78 started up, Kraken on, only 100% load, 1 CPU instead of 32, appeared TPF was never going to register, ppd = 1572, shut off reconfirured back to -smp 32
noob answer, I probably still have log Best regards, Charlie

I do not know if this helps, for information only, I set switch for -bigadv , system loaded core 78 started up, Kraken on, only 100% load, 1 CPU instead of 32, appeared TPF was never going to register, ppd = 1572, shut off reconfirured back to -smp 32
noob answer, I probably still have log Best regards, Charlie

There is the problem, only one core is starting. Are you using langouste in any way? You should use this string: -smp -bigadv -verbosity 9
Then your log will give you a lot more information.

I guarantee that you forgot the -smp flag when you got done tinkering with your rig the first time. Check the logfile.

I am assuming you got this straightened out, but it does sound like you need the flag -smp xx plus whatever flag's you want after that if anything.;)

P.S. you are not the only 1 who may have made that mistake at 1 point or another in there folding career. :D

yeah, it was configured to use SMP but I guess it just had a hiccup, working now, I'll add verbosity 9 next time, right now its just -smp and -bigadv I don't need anything more right?

Back