What are your plans for new GPU clien(s)?

What are your plans

• I'm buying a new nVidia card

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I'm waiting for the new ATi cards

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I'm converting every client that has an appropriate GPU

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I'm sticking with the CPU clients for now

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I'm not buying new hardware right now

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters

Mohonri

Supreme [H]ardness
Let's hear it. It sounds like good news for the green team over the last couple of days, and the red team has been going strong for a while. So what are your plans?

With a big farm, i don't plan to put all eggs in the same basket so here's my plan :

1 Q6600 will become a gpu2 folding box with 2 watercooled cards (8800GTS 640MB and 8800GT 512MB) along with a SMP client to run on the rest. My main PC will get a GTX 260 watercooled as well and this will be running with a SMP+console client. The rest will stay the same.

Based on some advice given through the grapevine so to speak, I'm not doing anything right now. I'm going to wait it out a bit and see what happens once things settle down.

I should have a little extra money before too long, so I will be upgrading, but I don't know what direction I will go in just yet....

I threw my 8800 GT right on it, but I don't have any money right now to be buying new hardware, so that's that for now.

I'm thinking I'm gonna hold off for the ATI cards, see how they do in terms of F@H and the games I normally play before I upgrade my main pc. (Still running 7900 GTX's :p)

Well - if I come across a sweet enough deal on something I'll probably pick a few cards up but I'm not going to hurry it. Cant hurt to see how things settle down over the next week or so.

I was going to wait a bit, but then NCIX posted the 8800 GT for $109AR so I picked one up to go in my second PC, with the 8800 GTS already folding in my main PC. That's about it for now, I was hoping to add one more box over the next couple months but that's iffy at the moment.

I want to buy the new generation of GPU... but not the most expensive.

I am not buying anything right away. Rumor has it around the water cooler that on June 30th here at work there will be an office party and everyone will be handed bonus checks. I have heard some numbers thrown around about percentages from past years. Truth be told, I am getting excited, but I am trying not to count my chickens before they have hatched.

Depending on my budget, I would probably be interested in the 8800 GT vs a 9600xx(I cannot remember the letters for that one) as far as ppd and just as importantly ppdpw goes. Hopefully in a couple weeks that information will be out there for me to compare. Congrats to those that have it loaded now though. My colorful threats section has turned red all of the sudden with me having about 5 EUE's yesterday and everyone else grabbing GPU units.

With a big farm, i don't plan to put all eggs in the same basket so here's my plan :

1 Q6600 will become a gpu2 folding box with 2 watercooled cards (8800GTS 640MB and 8800GT 512MB) along with a SMP client to run on the rest. My main PC will get a GTX 260 watercooled as well and this will be running with a SMP+console client. The rest will stay the same.

Can multiple video cards be run with the current beta client, just curious.

Back