What are you using to barrier load/ dampen case

ZoNe

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi I have a LIAN LI PC-Q11R which is flimsy. Must be 20-22 ga or worse aluminum and wish to make it more solid to block noises better and panels less tingy. Was thinking about dynamat used in cars but maybe there is something better for computer panels or made for them.

Dynamat works fine, but if you don't care too much for aesthetics, use some of the heavier grade stick-on tiles from Home Depot. Works a charm.

Yeah back in the day when I was 15 a really dumb and blew my wad on car audio I used asphalt roofing shingles siliconed to body on my car. Worked better than dynamat my friends were using. But today I go for looks more and have more money LOL.

Yeah back in the day when I was 15 a really dumb and blew my wad on car audio I used asphalt roofing shingles siliconed to body on my car. Worked better than dynamat my friends were using. But today I go for looks more and have more money LOL.

lol yuck, that stuff sucks and smells awful. It's not meant to withstand heat in the same way. Dynamat is relatively crappy too though.

What the OP looking for is constrained layer damping, there are tiles specifically for this, you don't need to cover the entire surface... just enough so that it doesn't resonate. If you don't want to use CLD tiles, some of the better dynamat-like products can handle heat reasonably well and will sort of serve the same purpose.

Other sound deadening products are mass loaded vinyl (MLV) and various types of foam. MLV is used in huge sheets with generally no gaps to cover like the floor or an entire door to block noise. Over this you use foam to block reflections and further reduce high frequency noise pollution. All those in a car anyway... at home there are easier ways like specific drywall types.

Thanks for your replies.

@Internationhhat would you mind pointing me to specific products in small supply. I am having difficulty finding what you're talking about.

Oh and it was not smelly. shingles were adheared with silcone providing a imperable surface on bottom so no stinky. Then painted with rustoleum thick brushed sealing it off, on the top. I'm tellling you nothing worked as good. Even 3-5 layers of dyamat could not compete with a few asphalt shingles. All my friends copied me.

Back