What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Finished off Bioshock 2 Remastered with only 2 CTD's. Good as the OG, plays better @ 4K.
Now on to Bioshock Infinite for the Infinite time, first time playing the DLC's though, hope that their good.
I have all the latest versions of BioShock 1,2,3 and have never launched any of them. I'm playing Spiderman Remastered instead. Which game would you say is better?

I just tried Everquest one I never played it before because I always thought the graphics were bad. The Ui is really dated otherwise I would play it a bit more just uninstalled the thing.
You're a little late to the Everquest train. I can assure you back in the day, it was "the shit" (as kids say).

Played Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice. Running 1440p every graphic setting except motion blur maxed. Looks and runs beautiful.

Either I'm getting old or I totally forgot how fucked up Bioshock Infinite is compared to the other two. Steam says 2016 was the last time I played it.
I had to change the texture streaming pool size to 4000 from 400 just to get it to stop stuttering, than I had to change the resolution up-scaling since the HUD is teeny tiny @ 4K.

Fov made me feel close to being nauseous ( which is a first for me), it defaulted to 50, I cranked it to the max which I think is 90.

I even had to use VSYNC, since the screen tearing was so bad!

They should of remastered Infinite. It still feels like shit to me, but I will hopefully get use to it (again).

Either I'm getting old or I totally forgot how fucked up Bioshock Infinite is compared to the other two. Steam says 2016 was the last time I played it.
I had to change the texture streaming pool size to 4000 from 400 just to get it to stop stuttering, than I had to change the resolution up-scaling since the HUD is teeny tiny @ 4K.

Fov made me feel close to being nauseous ( which is a first for me), it defaulted to 50, I cranked it to the max which I think is 90.

I even had to use VSYNC, since the screen tearing was so bad!

They should of remastered Infinite. It still feels like shit to me, but I will hopefully get use to it (again).
You can set the texture pool size to 0 for it to dynamically use all your VRAM.

The default FOV is 70 horizontal, and the menu slider maxes out at 80.5. You can increase it to the natural FOV for 16:9 of 106.6 repeating by changing MaxUserFOVOffsetPercent in XUserOptions.ini to 52.38. 90 is 28.57, but that is a 4:3 FOV.

The game works with VRR if you have a display to take advantage of it.

Unreal Engine 3 has always been a terrible engine, but the "remasters" of the first two games were ported to UE4 and they're even worse, so I'd rather they leave Infinite alone.

You can set the texture pool size to 0 for it to dynamically use all your VRAM.
Yeah that's what I thought, but it didn't do shit for me when I put it at 0. I found several guides saying to start out at 2048, so I did and it was better, but not good enough, until I tried 4000. I will give it another try and see though. I have 6GB of VRAM and the max usage I've seen @ max settings @ 4K is 3.7GB.

The default FOV is 70 horizontal, and the menu slider maxes out at 80.5. You can increase it to the natural FOV for 16:9 of 106.6 repeating by changing MaxUserFOVOffsetPercent in XUserOptions.ini to 52.38. 90 is 28.57, but that is a 4:3 FOV.
That's how I got it to 90, and so far it's worlds better than it was. This is coming from someone that won't even change the FOV in Far Cry 2. :p

The game works with VRR if you have a display to take advantage of it.
I wish.

Unreal Engine 3 has always been a terrible engine, but the "remasters" of the first two games were ported to UE4 and they're even worse, so I'd rather they leave Infinite alone.
I had no issues with the "remasters". They both played great @ 4K. The UI was perfect and so was the FOV.

I did find another issue with the sensitivity while using the rifle, so I messed around last night for about an hour changing MaxMouseLookSensitivity under [XCore.XUserOptionsManager] to try and dial it in to where it feels good. I have no issues with using the other weapons except for the rifle.

I know for a fact that I never fucked around with any of these settings the last time I played this game smh. I wonder what was done to make this game different from the other times I last played it?

I do appreciate your feedback though as always.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I thought, but it didn't do shit for me when I put it at 0. I found several guides saying to start out at 2048, so I did and it was better, but not good enough, until I tried 4000. I will give it another try and see though. I have 6GB of VRAM and the max usage I've seen @ max settings @ 4K is 3.7GB.
Could push it up to 5120 with 6GB of VRAM.
I did find another issue with the sensitivity while using the rifle, so I messed around last night for about an hour changing MaxMouseLookSensitivity under [XCore.XUserOptionsManager] to try and dial it in to wear it feels good. I have no issues with using the other weapons except for the rifle.
Could be mouse smoothing. I'm pretty sure there is an ini setting for it, it just escapes me at the moment.

Could push it up to 5120 with 6GB of VRAM.

Could be mouse smoothing. I'm pretty sure there is an ini setting for it, it just escapes me at the moment.
I always make sure that offending setting is off in every game in the main settings. If there is an ini. hack for it, I will find it.
I will research it tonight and see what happens.

Quake II remastered and Apex.

I'm having a blast with the newly remastered Quake 2 this weekend. It's totally worth the ten bucks to re-live this masterpiece on a modern setup!
Me too. The new campaign is amazing and the “lost” stuff they put back into the main campaign is pretty cool. Enemy IA is wayyyy better… feels like FEAR almost.

Guild Wars 2 just found that it has a different starting area. The thing is controller support won't work me it kinda work but camera pan is bad because it requires right analog stick press.

Finally got done with Bioshock: Infinite and the DLC's Burial at Sea 1 & 2.
Burial at Sea 1 was pretty good, I liked that Booker was in Rapture. I also enjoyed the new Plasmids and the Radar Range.

Burial at Sea 2 wasn't really my cup of tea being stealth, but once you get further in the story and at least get the Peepin Tom Plasmid, it gets a lot better.
I think I enjoyed the story more than the actual game. Getting to see how Booker and Elizabeth came about was pretty cool.

Now on to Entropy: Zero 2. I hope it's good because I skipped past some games on my list to play it first.

Been attempting to beat Returnal. I think I'm near the end. It's a little frustrating because the game saves progress after the major bosses, except for one in particular. It reminds me of Castlevania 3 where you have to beat Dracula + his various forms & the preceding level in one life. In this case, it feels like fighting Death & Dracula in a single life. Great game. Awful V/O.

I been playing Jagged Alliance 3 since it came out. Finally finished the game today. I like it warts and all. I will most likely come back to it again and again but I plan on trying out something new for the coming weekend. Maybe Balders Gate 3?

Vortex on SNES... once beat, I think I only have 2 "3D" games left to go through on the SNES. For whatever reason, I decided to collect all 3D SNES games and play through them. Heard Vortex was hard, should be "fun". LoL

Vortex on SNES... once beat, I think I only have 2 "3D" games left to go through on the SNES. For whatever reason, I decided to collect all 3D SNES games and play through them. Heard Vortex was hard, should be "fun". LoL

A mech SuperFX game?? Why have I not heard of this....

EDIT: And you can TRANSFORM? Yeah, I'm def gonna have to play this.

Yeah, never heard of this game as a kid in the 90s (and I loved mech warrior on PC back then!). Now its a must play for me. Just beat Doom SNES so this is next on the list. I gave it a quick shot and its so unique, surprised it was so dirt cheap to pick up a near perfect condition one on eBay. Granted it would be alot smoother on PC emulated, but I love running the real carts on real hardware to get that true 90s feel.

It is a really fun game for being so simple in premise. I think you'll enjoy it. Have you played Stunt Race FX yet? I love that game.

I rented it from Blockbuster when it originally came out :cool:.

Speaking of little-known mech games, have you played Omega Boost? It was Polyphony Digital's last game before turning into the Gran Turismo studio (Tourist Trophy was just Gran Turismo with motorcycles).
1693484861841.png

Should have a day or two off this weekend, so definitely will play Starfield. (got premium so should have the 5 day head-start)
Probably do a little more BG3, Pathfinder:WoTR also.
Still in EA, but i have tried and am enjoying Sunkenland as a fun timewaster.

Playing my first 45 mins of Spiderman Remastered on PC on max graphics and I'm in love. It's interesting how I played 5 hours of Cyberpunk and felt nothing, but as soon as I started playing Spiderman I fell in love immediately. I think cyberpunk is missing a special secret sauce or personality or something but I can't figure it out. I'm not sure I'll ever revisit Cyberpunk but Spiderman is a hit! So glad I grabbed it.! It's a absolute must play in my opinion.

Playing my first 45 mins of Spiderman Remastered on PC on max graphics and I'm in love. It's interesting how I played 5 hours of Cyberpunk and felt nothing, but as soon as I started playing Spiderman I fell in love immediately. I think cyberpunk is missing a special secret sauce or personality or something but I can't figure it out. I'm not sure I'll ever revisit Cyberpunk but Spiderman is a hit! So glad I grabbed it.! It's a absolute must play in my opinion.
Isnt Cyberpunk 2077 got update 2.0 and the new DLC coming out later this month? That should change the game a lot I'm hearing.

Starfield, the boring and predictable answer. I could lie, but what's the point?

I dont do too well with grinding games exclusively though, so most likely will dabble in some of the other playthroughs I am in the middle of:

Stardew Valley
Soccer Story
Wandering Village
and my yearly blizzard single player RTS campaign run thru's (SC, SC2, etc)

Mass Effect 2
Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on the Switch.
Homefront:The Revolution, the game was only $4
Maybe get some Survival and Incursion runs in on The Division 1 since it's Global Event Assault soon.

Last edited:
Mass Effect 2
Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom on the Switch.
Homefront:The Revolution, the game was only a $4
Maybe get some Survival and Incursion runs in on The Division 1 since it's Global Event Assault soon.
That's a great price for Homefront: The Revoloution.
Don't forget to check out the arcade machine that has Timesplitters 2 in it! (y)

Edit: codes to unlock it.

Last edited:
Played a bit of polybridge. Game is stupid frustrating, but sometimes it does what you want. lol
I think the engine is a bit improved in pb2, but I've not played it much yet.

polybridge_7.gif
polybridge_6.gif
polybridge_1.gif
polybridge_4.gif
polybridge_5.gif
polybridge_3.gif
polybridge_2.gif

Wow! Entropy: Zero 2 was one hell of a mod! Makes me want to play Black Mesa again. Very well done, will play again.

Now I'm going to work on completing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. I have never finished it and since I own all the DLC's now there is no better time.

Plus I've never played the Enhanced version of the first Borderlands. I've played the OG at least 50 times, same with Borderlands 2. I also have never played Borderlands 3, Tales From the Borderlands or New Tales From the Borderlands. Now I own EVERYTHING Thanks to the Pandora's Box Bundle.

So yeah, I will be busy for quite awhile.

Which game should I play after NieR: Automata?

The Walking Dead
Final Fantasy X
Spider-Man
Arkham Asylum (Only played a little of Arkham City)
Disco Elysium
Beyond Good and Evil
Ghost of Tsushima
Ocarina of Time

Back