What are you nerds playing this weekend?

It's a Dead Island 2 and Aliens: Dark Descent weekend for me. I have to say I am quite impressed with FSR at Ultra Quality in the latter. It somehow looks sharper to my eye than native 4k! Kudos to AMD here.

It's a Dead Island 2 and Aliens: Dark Descent weekend for me. I have to say I am quite impressed with FSR at Ultra Quality in the latter. It somehow looks sharper to my eye than native 4k! Kudos to AMD here.
I just rewatched Alien and Aliens recently. Great movies. Let us know how you like Dark Descent!

It's too bad there hasn't been a 4k blu-ray release of Aliens yet. Alien in 4k hdr looks fantastic.

I just rewatched Alien and Aliens recently. Great movies. Let us know how you like Dark Descent!

It's too bad there hasn't been a 4k blu-ray release of Aliens yet. Alien in 4k hdr looks fantastic.
Dark decent is solid. The story is passable, the gameplay is alright. The maps are beautiful and well designed.

I wish it had more weapons/items as progression is short.

I think the biggest issue is the camera only zooms out so far, and yet enemies spot you and your team can engage enemies at distances many multiple times farther than the camera shows. Often a marine would say "enemy spotted" and im sliding the map around over and over to try and see where. Minor complaint.

Played 7 hours of Apex Legends this weekend. Find this game super addictive.

Been playing Deep Rock Galactic lately. Fun stuff. Kind of hard to fit in games since the shortest missions are about 30m for me to do on solo. And for that 30m, there are no breaks. So I can really only play after kiddo goes to bed and wife is occupied. Other missions are taking me at least an hour. And for that hour, its go go go. That's the only thing that is killing it for me.

And back to the drawing boards. Again.

Just can't find a game to get into.

Deep Rock Galactic was fun, but not a fan of group stuff. I can solo in that game, but missions are at least and hour. I much prefer shorter...rounds/matches/maps. Something I can knock out 10m at a time.

Facing burnout. pleh

Picked up FF7 Remake Inter-something off the humble store for what they say to be 50% off. I tried playing it originally on the PS4 but that thing was notoriously loud.

And back to the drawing boards. Again.

Just can't find a game to get into.

Deep Rock Galactic was fun, but not a fan of group stuff. I can solo in that game, but missions are at least and hour. I much prefer shorter...rounds/matches/maps. Something I can knock out 10m at a time.

Facing burnout. pleh

Kinda in the same place right now actually. I felt the itch to play some builder so I installed Cities but then immediately got depressed because of the amount of DLC and the feeling that I'd be playing only 5% of the actual game.

I've got Xbox game pass, EA play pro, humble choice, ps+... I ain't found shit. I know it's me tho lol

Kinda in the same place right now actually. I felt the itch to play some builder so I installed Cities but then immediately got depressed because of the amount of DLC and the feeling that I'd be playing only 5% of the actual game.

I've got Xbox game pass, EA play pro, humble choice, ps+... I ain't found shit. I know it's me tho lol
My kiddo likes it when he sits next to me or on my lap to hit a key on the board with games. World of Warships its the horn. SnowRunner, also the horn. Deep Rock Galactic, tossing flares. Really can't do too much violence. So that's a limiting factor. Some cut scenes in games are a bit on edge too. Kind of up in the air right now. Nothing appealing.

Stumbled across this,

Several games in the queue for this weekend:

Fallout 4 - new laptop so reinstalling and adding a bunch of mods

Cyberpunk 2077 - Doing a different type of playthrough focusing on melee

Weird West - Hooked on the game and for $10 it has been worth every penny

a bit of Dark Souls 2 pvp

and watching the new season of the Apple TV+ sci-fi series 'Foundation' (adapted from the Isaac Asimov book series)

Tarkov and ghost of tabor vr…. I have a type clearly.

Modding the f out of Fallout 4.

Taking a certain non-settlement location and flattening the terrain in and around it to use with an existing mod that makes it a settlement. With the help of Snappy House Kits I'll be able to restore the location to its pre-war glory.

Doing this as the location will shorten a supply line path between two stock settlement locations. Going to be lots of fun! :D

Minecraft with 2 of my lads. One young, one who can buy beer.

Growing up, they didn't really always get a chance to bond much given their age difference. Seeing them play together now, laughing, having fun - life fuel.

And of course, inevitable pranking. Brothers will be brothers. :D

Been rocking Remnant 2 and it's (mostly) what I hoped it would be. There are some quirks, but it's more of what I liked in the original. Beyond that, still getting some rounds in SF6 and popping into Diablo 4 here and there.

War Tales with my Xbox elite and Valari Pillow. Xbox elite right analong stick adjusted with tension so mousing over should be better. Wish the game had native support.

Last edited:
I’ve been back in a WoW kick after a few years, really enjoying Dragonflight. Might put fallout 4 and/or Skyrim back in the rotation, and maybe start Arkham Knight

I think I have a retro problem... lol. Beat Doom SNES on the weekend, just snagged Vortex SNES on ebay, so that is next on the list.

Then I will be down to only 2 "3D"games left on SNES to complete my collection and playthroughs! :)

I think I have a retro problem... lol. Beat Doom SNES on the weekend, just snagged Vortex SNES on ebay, so that is next on the list.

Then I will be down to only 2 "3D"games left on SNES to complete my collection and playthroughs! :)
There are hundreds more fantastic games that never made it here from Japan and weren't translated. Don't go down that rabbit hole. :p

Starship Troopers: Extermination on Steam, the game is buggy as hell and constantly crashes but I'm having a blast when it works, I just wish they added more maps/classes/weapons.
Also pick up Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks on the PS2 and Callisto Protocol on the PS5, I'll give them a go this weekend ;)

After 84.5hrs, I've finally finished up Arkham Knight @ 120% w/ all DLC's, some of the AR challenges I didn't bother with but man what a glorious game, I had forgotten just how good the story line was.
They also added a whole bunch of shit and different settings to the game since I last played it.

Now on to Arkam Origins for my very first time.

Mailman dtopped off BG guide and Ultima Online 2nd age guide both guides suck visually.
The pictures are really bad but at least I got a Map of Terathan fort and the to the 2nd age.

Can't wait for BG to drop 9 day vacation 4 more work days. Going to play UO on 1st and 2nd think might make a Bard since my mages skills are almost maxed.

Been working 12's since last weekend, so haven't been playing much this week.
Off this weekend so most likely will play City Of Heroes a bit on the free server, a little Star Trek Online, then may dabble in the sims 4 with building houses, and i will definitely play the 1rst Stalker as i never quite finished it before i lost my original saved game. ( Been watching HBO's "Chernobyl", so on a Stalker kick).
Saw there was a Remnant 2 out, so i will probably continue my playthrough of the first one and finally try to get it done.
Someone mentioned Wartales so may play that a bit.
UO has a free server? Or private? I originally left it years ago because i was getting PK'ed pretty much constantly, and got tired of it. But have considered retrying it though.

I've bought Dave the Diver on a whim after reading reviews and now I'm hooked. I've sunk 26 hours into it. I will take a break and play either Quake Champions or Golf Story on the Switch. Now that I have a upgraded gaming rig I'm actually thinking about playing Red Dead Redemption 2 again with with the graphics maxed out but with 100s and 100s of games in my backlog I don't decide if its worth it.

Back