What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Doom (2016) for $10? Finally got it. I'm about half-way through, and it's great. I should have played it earlier.

Way better than the let-down that was Wolfenstein II.

Doom (2016) for $10? Finally got it. I'm about half-way through, and it's great. I should have played it earlier.

I'm waiting on Wolf II for like 5 dollars. Doom 2016 looks fun and I got it on a similar sale but it has some audio bug that is apparently quite popular from what I read. Cant hear most things just white noise with minor proper audio :(

Doom (2016) certainly looks good but the way the engine handles motion makes my head explode.

Wolf is kind of the same way, but you're not always running or in motion, there is sneaking involved which breaks it up.

I fired up No Man's Sky again and started a new game. Seems to be exactly the same to me, I screwed around for a couple hours then got bored once I got off the planet. Hunting for resources like Copper is a time consuming suck fest.

I also play "Ruiner" an hour or so at night. It's a fun isometirc twin stick sci fi shooter, but I think it's best in small doses because it is repetitive. Was part of one of the recent Humble Monthy bundles.

Playing Zelda: Twilight Princess for the first time.... (awesome)

Also, Path of Exile.

Twilight Princess trades places with Ocarina and Wind Waker for my favorite Zelda game. It’s just got a certain something about its atmosphere that just pulls me straight in.

Alpha Protocol - first time I've even installed it. I bought it during the 2015 holiday sale on steam. Looks quite good so far, but the hacking minigame is terrible. I'd rather put pins under my fingernail than do this crap, I've got the first hack in about twelve million tries.

Alpha Protocol - first time I've even installed it. I bought it during the 2015 holiday sale on steam. Looks quite good so far, but the hacking minigame is terrible. I'd rather put pins under my fingernail than do this crap, I've got the first hack in about twelve million tries.
yeah, that hacking game is the worst. I guess it depends on your eyes and your brain. I had a lot of difficulty in seeing the patterns.

anyway monster hunter world for me. it seems like the sweet spot to really start liking the game is after 30 hours. All port questions aside, the UI is absolutely horrible and inconsistent in various ways.

Played Mario 64: Last Impact with my old HS buddy all day today. (we switched each time either of us obtained a star)

That game means BUSINESS. Highly recommended for the hardcore Mario 64 enthusiast!!

I plan to try out Elder Scrolls Online for the first time ever later tonight....

+ the usual Path of Exile.

My brother did artwork on that. How intense is the programming aspect? Just curious how much I can get out of it in smallish bursts of playing.
Oh, that's pretty cool.

I thought the learning curve was a bit steep, depending if you like programming games, it could be a level or two per session. There's almost no time pressure (like all other Zachtronics) but there are a few levels where it's multiplayer (won't spoil it).

Assassin's Creed Origins. Pretty terrible game. Worse than the last three. I assumed they'd ruin the controls and combat when they announced the redesign, and sure enough they went ahead and did it. Can't believe people gave praise to this pile of garbage.

I played a lot of Doom 2016 and a spot of GTAV over the weekend, also a touch of MAME. I got pulled completely into Doom again due to the 77" OLED I was playing on. :D I initially launched it, just to see how it looked. Then... I couldn't stop. :D

I've been enjoying Elder Scrolls Online these past few days. (picked it up for 10 bucks & incl. Morrowind expansion)

Honestly, I started in the Morrowind zone and basically pretend its a direct sequel. (treating it like a SP game)

Overall, I've been pretty satisfied thus far....

- everything being voice acted is super-cool to see

I've been playing alot of rome 2 total war since they came out with the ancestral update. also i keep on going back to warband & men of war assault squad 2

My fiance is going out of town for her wedding dress fitting and bridal shower.

So much Madden (on fucking PC!) and WoW. So much.

I haven't been giving my NES and SNES Classic much attention lately so I'll be playing games on both systems. Zelda, Punch Out,Super Mario Bros.

And as always, The Division, I need to complete my weekly assignments

Edit: And maybe Ghost Wildlands, not sure if Ubi fixed the Rainbow Six mission or not.

I think I need to finally bust open my WoW CE and try the new expansion. Taking a break from Destiny 2 until Forsaken comes out.

monster hunter world, went to the elder seal region, I was able to kill a couple of the easy monsters, but the lava sucker and bomb dropper not so much.
Welp warframe has a new eidolon/vampire frame out, time to grind, lol.

state of decay any good?

if you like running over zombies with a car, but the game is not much special tbh. On my xb-one-x performance is usually decent, but it can get very choppy at times.

more in the beginning I lost a few toons due to carelessnes, but once you get the jist of it it is pretty simple, may need to move on to a new map since I cleaned out most of my current one.

pro
You get to kill zombies
plenty of quests
Graphics are decent imo
mindless fun

con
day/night cycle is too short imo
most if not all quests are pretty basic fetch q's
The quest pop up frequently, so much so that if you want to do them all you don't have time for anything else
some performance issues
not a lot of different zombies and the special ones are usually a royal pain (also not a lot of different ones there think 3)
It is very easy to get a car stuck in the environnement, lost my best car like that, should have used stuck option b4 getting out of it, now I can't get back in to try that.

I only played State of Decay 2 with my gamepass trial but I had a lot of fun for the short time I played. It ran pretty decent on my PC, the gameplay loop just kind of got samey.

Yesterday, for the first time in years, I dusted off dota 2 and played a few rounds. I was absolute garbage but I had some fun. I'll probably play a little bit of that this weekend and keep chipping away at The Witcher 3.

Fortnite. I hate this fucking game but can't stop playing it. I've never had a game piss me off this much but after about 20 minutes I calm down, walk across the room, dig my mouse out of the hole I put in the wall when I threw it and start paying again... Rinse/repeat. The hell is wrong with me?

Last edited:
Whats so fun about dot? Ive been thinking about getting witcher 3 bit im just so picky i find it hard to stick with a new game so I'm very relunctant to buy

Fortnite. I hate this fucking game but can't stop playing it. I've never had a game piss me off this much but after about 20 minutes I calm down, walk across the room, dig my mouse out of the hole I put in the wall when I threw it and start paying again... Rinse/repeat. The hell is wrong with me?

I love fortnite but I really wish there was a mode without building. I'd like to keep the destructible environments but I'm so terrible at building. One on one I'm ok but I hate seeing a guy and he sees me and within 20 seconds he has buil the Taj Mahal.

Whats so fun about dot? Ive been thinking about getting witcher 3 bit im just so picky i find it hard to stick with a new game so I'm very relunctant to buy

It didn't click with me at first but after putting it down for a couple of months and picking it up it clicked. To me the game doesn't really bring anything new from other RPG's but the writing is really clever and there is a lot of charm.

Monster hunter world for myself. For the witcher 3 stuff, it is just the complete package. The combat maybe can be viewed as flawed. It is a bit strange, geared towards fighting hordes of enemies. Abilities also. Where the game shines though is in the depth and complexity of the stories it tells. That applies to side missions also. Not fetch quests but intricate little missions. There are some flaws. There are tons of ocean containers that take time to get to... and the result is pretty much a waste of time, unless you need money. They are just a time sink and nothing else. Stuff on land will usually lead to missions and such. And... the game has gwent, a card game that is a lot of damn fun. I enjoyed the hell out of it. A version of it has been adapted for free online multiplayer combat (to which of course they sell card packs, or you can earn them).

I love fortnite but I really wish there was a mode without building. I'd like to keep the destructible environments but I'm so terrible at building. One on one I'm ok but I hate seeing a guy and he sees me and within 20 seconds he has buil the Taj Mahal.

Yes!!! You take one shot at a guy and within a second he's erected a 30 foot tower then out have to play peekaboo with him.

The random damage drives me insane too. Guess it's just from all these kids that play 12 hours a day so when I sit down to play a leisurely game I don't stand a chance.

Does anyone know how to install State of Decay 2 on pc I added code to my account but what now lol

I tried the blackout beta for a little bit and I really liked it. It’s brtter than pubg imo. I’ve also been spending some time with ‘They Are Billions’ and Dota.

Back