What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Back on Mass Effect 3. I know other folks didn't care for it so much, but I personally loved it and ME2. The original, not so much...a little plodding and I'm getting my ass kicked by the Thorian.

May do some CoD:AW for some stupid fun as cannon fodder.

Master [H];1041247372 said:
Back on Mass Effect 3. I know other folks didn't care for it so much, but I personally loved it and ME2. The original, not so much...a little plodding and I'm getting my ass kicked by the Thorian.

May do some CoD:AW for some stupid fun as cannon fodder.

The original was great, but only for one play through. The planet stuff got really tedious after you did all of the quest types (There were like 4 or 5 different versions of them, after that they were all the same). I did like the inventory more though, I honestly don't get how it was complex at all. It was really simple :(

Will definitely be playing some Halo MCC, and now Sunset Overdrive since its free for saturday.

Demon's Souls. Actually making progress this time around. Never did finish this game, tried it for the first time after beating Dark Souls. Got tired of having my hat handed to me over and over and quit it several times. This time though I am doing better. I may even finish the game this time.

Ass Creed Unity
Mordor
Driveclub
Sunset Overdrive
Destiny
Farcry 4
COD AW MP

Haven't even touched Dragon Age Inquisition lol.

Ass Creed Unity
Mordor
Driveclub
Sunset Overdrive
Destiny
Farcry 4
COD AW MP

Haven't even touched Dragon Age Inquisition lol.

That sounds like enough game time for a year. You're doing this all in one weekend?? :eek:

Bits and pieces yes.
For example played a couple of missions in Ass Creed Unity, Mordor and Farcry 4. Same with Sunset overdrive, got the hang of controls by doing prologue and some missions for a gadget junkie. In Destiny I spent about 4 hours in Iron Banner trying to level up. COD MP about another 5-8 matches. Driveclub, finished the Amateur tourney. Yeah.

:p.

Seriously! Does anyone here have a fulltime job? I barely have enough free time to play 1-2 games anymore!

I don't watch any TV which can be a real time sink. My TV is not even hooked up to any broadcast outlet. Not even an antennae or rabbit ears. It is used strictly as a console display. So a couple of hours in the evenings after getting home from work is when I do most my gaming. Weekends I play more, but mostly in the evening. A game will last me a month or more getting through a single player campaign.

Living without broadcast TV is great. It is so intrusive with the constant advertising. The programming is mostly forgettable and not worthy of my time. Certainly not day in and day out. The few exceptions are available on DVD if I really want to watch those shows. I do miss out on sporting events, but that is about it. If there is a sporting event I really want to watch I can watch it somewhere else.

Just blew through DeadLight it was pretty short. Basically like if Last of Us was made into a microscopic indie game. Not terrible not great.

Out of nowhere I decided to pop Twilight Princess in the Wii U this weekend. Played it all weekend with my daughters. This will be my third time through the game. So far we've collected everything that can be collected up to the point we're at, and just about to enter the temple of time.

How are you liking Bayonetta 2? I played it through 1.5 times so far, and still haven't tired of it.

Loven it, its a really great game and im finding a lot of things I missed the first playthrough.

Dragon Age 2. Not as bad as I was expecting, but not nearly as good as DA:O.

So,
christmas is coming in like a mountain sized comet.
Some of you geeks will be getting new games...

So how about a Christmas extended remix of the question: What are you nerds going to play over the holiday?

For me I will if I have down time play Persona 4 on the Vita. And maybe Shadow of Mordor if I get that.

I am thinking about getting back into Star Wars TOR... But probably Diablo3 and time to activate those Christmas mods in Skyrim!! ...and maybe install a few new ones. I had some really good Christmas mods for Oblivion... I haven't found too many great ones for Skyrim but a couple that are ok... maybe some new ones popped up.

Will be out of town for most of the holidays, but honestly there is nothing new out that I really want to play. Just finished up Far Cry 4, and I might do a few more of the optional quests, but mostly it's just gathering BS items and not overly exciting, so I don't see much more longevity there. With The Witcher 3 being delayed, there's not much in Q1 that excites me, either (unless Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate comes out soon in 2015).

I finished a bunch of short 6 hour games these past few weeks (I sank about 18 into Bastion... go fig..). Going to get into Youkai Watch again... try to anyways. Art is awesome for a 3DS Game.

just reupp'd my FFXIV account. Rogue is hella fun

Last weekend, I didn't play much. Played a little Nidhogg, played some Kings of Kung Fu, and that was about it. Oh, and a little Twilight Princess. This weekend, I think I'll finish off Twilight Princess, and maybe start playing Borderlands (first one) again with my daughter. We beat BL2 together, but she was too young to play BL1 when I played it. We'll do that, and then hopefully grab the pre-sequel on sale soon.

Dragon Age 2. Not as bad as I was expecting, but not nearly as good as DA:O.

Been getting jumped on for years for saying this. Does it have repetitive environments - yes. Dumbed down UI and combat (that unfortunately carried over in part to DA:I) - absolutely. Bad item management - without a doubt.

Despite all this, I still found the game fun overall, the dialog and story great.

Heck, I may go back for another run after I finish DA:I :cool:

I might consider playing the last main quest on Dragon Age Inquisition this weekend.

Although, I'm only 70 hours in, I've jumped around a bit since the beginning. Now I have a crap load of low level quests that I really don't want to do.

I'm hoping Planetside 2 Beta comes out this week for the ps4, so I can play that as well.

If not, I'll continue my story in Farcry 4 and DA I.

Been getting jumped on for years for saying this. Does it have repetitive environments - yes. Dumbed down UI and combat (that unfortunately carried over in part to DA:I) - absolutely. Bad item management - without a doubt.

Despite all this, I still found the game fun overall, the dialog and story great.

Heck, I may go back for another run after I finish DA:I :cool:

Really?

I actually feel the opposite.

I love the combat, I don't mind the item management and the environments actually seem quite different to me. Hence my reason to play an RPG.
The dialogue however is quite weak, my inquisitor is so dull and boring.

Overall a great game.

I've been playing Metro 2033 Redux. I only played the first 2 or 3 chapters of the original, so this is pretty much a new experience for me. Certainly runs better than the original. Hate to use buzzwords here, but it's very atmospheric and immersive. Quite enjoyable with headphones on, the glow of festive lights in my apartment and a Samuel Adams White Christmas Ale at arm's reach.

I've also been playing Shadow of Mordor and South Park: The Stick of Truth, picked those up during the last Steam sale - and of course another sale started today.

The only thing I'll be playing this weekend is Pin the Tail on the Free Time.

I'm usually pretty awful at it.

As usual I'll be tackling something masochistic this weekend Necrovision: Lost company.

Still playing Inquisition. I'm 62 hours in and it feels like I've only barely hit the halfway point.
If I get sick of it, I'll probably sneak in some Street Fighter Omega matches, too.

Back