What are you nerds playing this weekend?

New PoE Season Necropolis. Pretty good QoL updates and a new Scarab system. Will be interesting to try out.

Beat Mega Man X, X4 on the classic collection for xbox, and played a bit of X5. The xb version sucks, dropped inputs, galore! Dunno if the PC, PS4/5 ver is any better.

Still playing FF7 Rebirth. Taking all my time. 65 hours in and on chapter 12 and decided to do the side content. I think already closed out 4 regions completely. Game is pretty good but doesn't do anything particularly well. I really think the open world brought it down compared to remake which felt more focused with its limited quests. Here massive 6 regions are Ubi gameplay on steroids. Only thing that is so satisfying is combat but the boss rush is making my hands bent. Solid game nonetheless and one I am looking forward to finishing soon.

It's meh played for 5 mins basically tribes ascend don't see the point... make another game like T1 but modern graphics and im sold
It really did feel just like Tribes Ascend with nothing new to it... played one round and uninstalled :(

I ended up playing Diablo IV all weekend after trying out the new graphics patch. First time I've played it since dipping out during the first season. Latency on the east coast is unfortunately still an issue...

Finally got through Daymare:1998, it actually got better the further I got into it.
The last level was extremely hard, and the wonky controls didn't help none.
Makes me want to check out the prequel, Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle.

Going to sink my teeth into some BF5 first.

And finally hit point of no return in FF7 Rebirth after over 70 hours. Still level 48. I am wondering if I should go back and do some of the sides and also complete the only region left which has like 7 intel pieces left including my last protorelic. I really went all in this game. At the end of the day it goes to show that if combat is really good then you can have a great time even if the other parts of the game are not as refined. Something Ass Creed did well in Origins and Odyssey but somehow lost its way in Valhalla.

Similarly, Horizon games also share the similarity in that the combat is super satisfying which holds the game up for hours on end with continuous enhancements to the formula, ability to try different things, and great characters. You forget that you are running around just doing similar activities over and over because everytime a conflict arises, game feels fresh.

I strayed from my backlog after EA let Steam have the CnC collection. I've been rocking some RA2/YR. Fired up Generals and rocked a skirmish for a bit.

Playing gunbrella but I'm stuck.. can anyone help? I'm at the part where I need to take the tram to base camp but the guy tells me I need an ID!??

And finally hit point of no return in FF7 Rebirth after over 70 hours. Still level 48. I am wondering if I should go back and do some of the sides and also complete the only region left which has like 7 intel pieces left including my last protorelic. I really went all in this game. At the end of the day it goes to show that if combat is really good then you can have a great time even if the other parts of the game are not as refined. Something Ass Creed did well in Origins and Odyssey but somehow lost its way in Valhalla.

Similarly, Horizon games also share the similarity in that the combat is super satisfying which holds the game up for hours on end with continuous enhancements to the formula, ability to try different things, and great characters. You forget that you are running around just doing similar activities over and over because everytime a conflict arises, game feels fresh.
You play on performance or graphics mode? I set it aside because I didn't like the smeary anti-aliasing\upscaling in the performance mode, and hated the 30fps mode. 30fps doesn't bother me in a lot of games but man I have a lot of games to play right now. I'll go back to it eventually.

You play on performance or graphics mode? I set it aside because I didn't like the smeary anti-aliasing\upscaling in the performance mode, and hated the 30fps mode. 30fps doesn't bother me in a lot of games but man I have a lot of games to play right now. I'll go back to it eventually.
I played performance sharper graphics (even though some claim it does nothing). At the end I was indifferent as I sit about 10 feet away from my 65 inch C9. So it looked OK I guess. FF7 Remake definitely looked better.
Also I finished FF7 Rebirth. Last boss was a PITA so after 5 tries I lowered difficulty and finished it. Apparently I didn't have a trait required to finish his last 5-8% of health and I couldn't be arsed to uplevel that and try again after 85 hours.

I'll most likely be playing my current favorite Isonzo. I love playing FPS multi with bolt action rifles. I'll probably toss in some BG3. I became kinda bored in ACT 3 and just want to finish it.

Now trying my hand at Crisis Core FF7 on PS5. Downloading Quarry on XSX. Also continue to play COD MW3 MP on this spanking OLED. Forbidden West also here and there.
Also got some 20 games downloaded on PC on GP but none of them really interest me at this time.

Any better ideas for games on this weekend? This start of the year has been lackluster to say the least.

Any better ideas for games on this weekend? This start of the year has been lackluster to say the least.

Recent-ish stuff I have found good:

Against the Storm
Remnant II
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

Other games that I don't see people on the forum talking about enough:

Sekiro (yea it's a souls-like, but it's the closest thing to a modern Tenchu game that we'll ever see... So yea - be a ninja bro.)
Grim Dawn (I've talked about this game for years but still best ARPG out there imo)

Going to continue my Persona 3 Reload journey. Liking it so far and might even try P5 Royal when I'm finished P3.

Horizon: Forbidden West NG+

Probably throw in Cyberpunk 2077.

Wiped Fallout 4 and reinstalled bone stock in anticipation of Fallout: London and tech upgrade.

Tried to play Evil West. The game is caught between trying to be a good shooter and RPG. A fallacy most games fall into and ruin the gameplay in the process. Also I am usually not that disgusted by blood soaked backdrops but the game has it everywhere plus enemy design really is uninspired and hideous. Pretty mediocre even for free on game pass.

Trying to get back into FO4 and that game hasn't aged well. Runs 4K 240 fps but dialog keeps skipping over itself and most of the stuff is janky af. I am hoping the 25th April patch breathes some new life into it. Also the FOV is atrocious. Not sure what commands to search for but given its Bethesda I don't have high hopes from the upcoming patch.

Back to COD MW3 for my shooter fix and then Crisis Core for my FF7 fix.

That's great - my character runs like flash. I don't mind and skipping dialog that is boring is a good thing. I am only level 7 so if this uncapped framerate makes me finish the game faster that's awesome.
P.S. I fixed the FOV.

FO4 has a lot tied to framerate, much like other titles in the series. Unless they fixed it, you need to limit the framerate to less than 80, or all kinds of stuff might break. KickAssCop

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/103ej6j/fixing_fallout_4_pc_framerate/
Did they ever fix the 64 Hz issue in Fallout 4? I know they did in Skyrim, but I'm not sure if it made its way into FO4. I've locked the framerate in all the TES and Bethesda FO games to 59 to avoid the bug. OSR could be used in Oblivion to fix it, but that mod has its own issues.

That's great - my character runs like flash. I don't mind and skipping dialog that is boring is a good thing. I am only level 7 so if this uncapped framerate makes me finish the game faster that's awesome.
P.S. I fixed the FOV.
That's cool, but you WILL run into issues opening doors via consoles, hacking consoles and lock picking with anything over 80fps. Rag doll physics as well.

I felt the need to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I played Duke Nukem Forever last year, and then I remembered that I had the Full Clip edition of Bulletstorm.
What a crock of bubbling pus, the OG was way better with a lot less bugs.

The only good thing about the remaster was his one liners of course. ;)
Conflict: Denied Ops is the next version of consolelitis that I'm going to inflict upon myself.
I hope it's good.

Conflict: Denied Ops was utter trash smh.
Decided to play a old game called Chaser that I'm enjoying so far.

I finally bought Stray and am really enjoying it as a chill story driven nice looking game... planning on some System Shock (remastered) later..

EDIT: I feel major Animatrix vibes from Stray, like the times during the second renaissance part 1-ish..

Last edited:
Back