what are my chances

demons9872

Gawd
I picked up a compaq pc from a friend of mines who is moving over seas and has no use for his pc any its a sempron 3000+ with a a7v8x-la mobo. now how succeslful would i be if i tried to flash the bios to the a7v8x mobo bios to this board . the onlt big difference i see in looks is mine has onboard video and only 3pci slots instead of 5 and mine has 2 ddr slots the regular has 3

I believe BIOS updates check the motherboard just to make sure it's flashing the right board so it wouldn't be possible.

z-lite said:
I believe BIOS updates check the motherboard just to make sure it's flashing the right board so it wouldn't be possible.

Well, maybe......it is possible to flash a BIOS with the incorrect one, especially if the boards are close. Ask all the NF7-S V2.0 users who have mistakenly flashed there boards with the V1.0 BIOS and rendered them useless....

That might be a board only made for OEM's, so regular Bios updates aren't readily available. If there are that many differences (onboard vs. no onboard video being a big one), I'd say you're looking for trouble in flashing to a different bios.

Back