==>What alternatives to the 2001FP Exist??

Dell's 2001FP arent available in Australia (where I live) at rational prices (try 1550 USD) :eek:.

So: what alternatives to it exist? What monitors are on the market that have the following features:

1. Reasonable refresh time for moderate gaming / DVDs

2. 17inch - 20 inch size

3. Composite or S-Video input (as to allow TV viewing with tuner)

Thanks in advance guys for your assistance.

Brutus Pollardus

When I was shopping around I found that the NEC 2080UX+ seemed to be worth checking out (Note: Not to be confused with the previous model without the '+'). Definitely more expensive though.

Viewsonic has a monitor equipped with the same panel as the Dell FP2001. The model is VP201s. Beware! It is an updated model which in its previous version was equipped with a 25ms panel. Be sure to get the right version :)

Also there is a VP201b which doesn't sport the new panel. Go figure.

Point is you need to be on the lookout if you choose to go down the Viewsonic path.

Concerning the Viewsonics, I may as well repost this info from Viewsonic. If you get the right serial number you will get the 16ms version.

16ms panel cut-in serial number - VP201s (silver) A2U033900001 or later (last 5 digits are individual for each unit)

16ms panel cut-in serial number - VP201b (black) A21033900121 or later (last 5 digits are individual for each unit)

digit 4 & 5 = Year
digit 6 & 7 = week

Well, everyone's recommending you 20 inchers, so I'm gonna recommend a smaller LCD since you asked for suggestions in the 17 - 20 inch range.

Try the Viewsonic VP171b. It'd be the LCD I'd get if I had the cash. It's 17 inches, 16 ms response time.

Back