What 120GB SSD for 2011 MacBook Pro?

Ampsonic

Gawd
Hello Folks,

Trying to decide on an SSD for my early 2011 macbook pro. I'm going to replace my optical drive with the SSD and leave my 500gb hard drive in place.

I've heard OCZ has reliability issues and the Crucial M4 also has troulbe with macs.

Looking to keep this under $170.

Which SSD do you recommend? Any tips?

Thanks!
Nick

I have OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) on my 2011 MBP 13' for quite some time now and I haven't received a beach ball or slowness effect on it.

Interesting.

It looks like the vertex is only about 20 bucks more (200 vs 180), and supposedly quite a bit faster. Anyone have any experience with the Vertex 3 in a MBP?

You can try Samsung's 470 series. They're one of the SSDs you get inside the new Macbook Pros if you choose the SSD upgrade. (I believe the other drive you may get is from toshiba.) Note that you would not get trim support even in this case since the drives installed by Apple have a custom firmware.

Is it? Google seems to show a lot of people having trouble with the M4 and the 2011 Macbook Pro. Have those lockup concerns been resolved somehow?

Congrats on the SSD. Itll make your mac fly.

I had a 120gb Intel G2 in mine and it was speedy. Im sure yours will be even faster with a m4

Back