WGR614 as Access Point - Trouble getting IP

PointandClick

Limp Gawd
So at work we have an internet connection that is separate from the "work" network. From the main office it goes to a wireless bridge that sends it out to my building. My boss had previously just had it wired directly to his laptop because he could never get it to work with a wireless router.
I had an extra WGR614 laying around so I brought it in and set it up so I could use my laptop too. Every once in a while we seem to have troubles getting an IP from the router up in the main office (WPN824). We got a new printer yesterday and it would not get an IP at all. I set it up with a manual reservation and it works fine. The old printer, however, doesn't have a screen/buttons so there is no way to set a static IP. What the heck's going on here? I have used the WGR614 (albeit a different version) as an access point at home with PfSense with no problems.

I'm sure it's setup properly, but here's the config:

Router (WPN824)
Lan IP - 192.168.1.1
SN - 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server start - 192.168.1.10
End - 192.168.1.150

Access Point (WRG614)
Lan IP - 192.168.1.200
SN - 255.255.255.0
DHCP Server - Disabled
Plugged into LAN port obviously

The SSID's on the two are different, the main router doesn't have security setup, ours has WPA2, but this shouldn't be causing any problems.

There's new firmware for both devices that I might try. Just don't want to end up making it worse.:rolleyes:

Back