Western Digital WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD 2TB - $109.99

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
  1. If you're still boycotting Newegg, we get it. For everyone else, go here: https://www.newegg.com/western-digital-2tb-sn770/p/N82E16820250218
  2. Use $10 off w/ promo code SSCR2926
Personally, I only use WD drives just out of a mild case of OCD, so I picked this up to help relieve all the red I'm seeing:
1682783217424.png

I paid $110 for a 2TB SN850X last month on Amazon, with amazon as the seller. Short lived, was only live for about a hour.
Me 2, or should I say 12....

Between my son, daughter & I, we got 8 from da Zon, + 4 more direct from WD while the sale was still on....8 were for upcoming client builds, and the other 4 for our personal use :)

SPARTAN VI...

man thats ALOT of red to see in 1, glad you saw the deal before the horned guy downstairs came lookin for ya :D

I'm interested, buy may hold out for a 4TB for $180-200.

And what is this talk of a newegg boycott? I know they aren't as good as they were maybe 20 years ago but they still have solid prices and quick shipping.

And what is this talk of a newegg boycott? I know they aren't as good as they were maybe 20 years ago but they still have solid prices and quick shipping.
Read up on deceptions, etc. over the past couple of years. Maybe all that has been addressed, but has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Yeah I’m still waiting on 4TB SN850X to hit $250 or less before I upgrade my 2TBs.

I think the anti-Newegg stuff was for the GN video about hassling people with returns. Then GN YouTube shamed them and that caused a big uproar.

Newegg has had some pretty draconian return policies on stuff like CPUs and gpus for a long time but not without good reason, people and especially tech enthusiasts do some pretty scammy things.

I’ve never had a problem with returns with them within their terms and conditions, and even back in the day they were one of the few places that would go above and beyond and give you the free game codes if you bought a GPU from them within a few months.

Yeah I’m still waiting on 4TB SN850X to hit $250 or less before I upgrade my 2TBs.

I think the anti-Newegg stuff was for the GN video about hassling people with returns. Then GN YouTube shamed them and that caused a big uproar.

Newegg has had some pretty draconian return policies on stuff like CPUs and gpus for a long time but not without good reason, people and especially tech enthusiasts do some pretty scammy things.

I’ve never had a problem with returns with them within their terms and conditions, and even back in the day they were one of the few places that would go above and beyond and give you the free game codes if you bought a GPU from them within a few months.
My anti Newegg stance happened many years before the GN video. They’ve spiraled down for a long time. A shell of what originally make them unique when they first came along. Anyway for many of us, Newegg was no longer an option much before GN had the video out on their situation.

I just remembered the bit where Newegg also shafted H|OCP out of advertising monies during the holiday shopping season, IIRC. Had I remembered that earlier I probably wouldn't have posted the link at all.

I will never forgive Newegg for their exploitation of the desperate during the GPU Apocalypse aka Newegg Shuffle.

One has to wonder how much e-waste was bundled with overpriced GPUs those nearly two years?

I've never had an issue with Newegg, but have had several issues with Amazon in the past year alone.
One reason why I highly prefer Newegg now is because they use UPS to ship. I've lost count of how many times Amazon has sent me an item with a damaged box because they can't be bothered to properly package the item in a real box. Putting expensive items in bubble wrap is a complete joke, and in some cases they didn't do any packaging at all, they just slapped a sticker on the item's box and shipped it as is (these weren't giant items like speakers or anything, I mean smaller items like keyboards and mice). They've also tried to screw me in 2 returns, and it was a hassle to get them to actually refund it.

To each their own, I guess. Solid deal for anyone who needs a SSD.

Last edited:

I have 4tb SN850X and it is excellent. Best 4tb drive you can get.

Newegg generally gets newer revisions of hardware (e.g. motherboards), whereas Amazon stocks and ships really old ones.

Case in point: had to RMA several mobos from Amazon (rev 1.0 every time) due to a failed NIC, finally gave up and purchased from Newegg, got rev 1.1 with the hardware fix for the problem.

I highly prefer Newegg now is because they use UPS to ship.
Funny you mention this, because in socal they use their own proprietary messengers who have no real tracking. Literally the only time I've ever had a package straight-up vanish was through Newegg's shipping system and to their credit they gave me a full refund. Amazon shipping is like clockwork in this part of town. But nothing beats good ol' UPS--my UPS guy is a real one.

Newegg generally gets newer revisions of hardware (e.g. motherboards), whereas Amazon stocks and ships really old ones.

Case in point: had to RMA several mobos from Amazon (rev 1.0 every time) due to a failed NIC, finally gave up and purchased from Newegg, got rev 1.1 with the hardware fix for the problem.

Funny you mention this, because in socal they use their own proprietary messengers who have no real tracking. Literally the only time I've ever had a package straight-up vanish was through Newegg's shipping system and to their credit they gave me a full refund. Amazon shipping is like clockwork in this part of town. But nothing beats good ol' UPS--my UPS guy is a real one.
USP isn't that great. They beat the crap outta your boxes. They actual chuck them 5-10ft easy in the loading docks lol sometimes the packaging doesn't stand up. Man, I've had the most absurd bizarre packages show up from UPS. Amazons are always clean lol
But amazon service is clean. Not that amazons isn't. Just Newegg is a good electronics shop so i like shopping with them. Although amazons return policy is better lol.

I own this drive and a 2TB Inland I got from Microcenter and honestly can't tell the difference between the two when loading games.

Unless you video edit 4k video files save yourself $40 (per drive) and get the Inland version.

Also, with NVMe SSDs try to keep it at no more than 70% full for best speeds. I try to keep mine at around 50% full.

I own this drive and a 2TB Inland I got from Microcenter and honestly can't tell the difference between the two when loading games.

Unless you video edit 4k video files save yourself $40 (per drive) and get the Inland version.
Pretty much. I bet most people wouldn't see the difference between any good gen3 drive lol. The "omg 7k read/write" really doesn't matter at all for almost all tasks.

Pretty much. I bet most people wouldn't see the difference between any good gen3 drive lol. The "omg 7k read/write" really doesn't matter at all for almost all tasks.

Well, until Microsoft rolls out DirectStorage 1.1 in the not so distant future and has an optimized GPU-powered decompression algorithm to deliver loading performance benefits of up to 40% to the PC gaming experience.

Amazon shipping for me over the past few years has been:

- Item is being prepared for shipment
- Item is out for delivery
- Item was delivered

So essentially the only update I get is the day it is being dropped off. UPS started hiding tracking recently as well. Essentially works like Amazon. Not sure why tracking is so hard these days.

Back