Western Digital BLACK SN850X 4TB $230 + extra 10% off & free 128GB flash drive/Wireless charger

More or less after calling them a few times, chatting with them and sending some emails it seems like they won't budge. I bought this order via PayPal, so I will have see how buyer protection works... seems like it is a shit show though.

I wouldn't have minded keeping the second drive. I could likely have sold it to someone here who missed the deal at cost as well. Now I am about the money and item.

I had this happen last month with Amazon. Took them something like 36 days to issue me a refund. The difference there is that they received and acknowledged they received the item. They just didn't want to issue a refund. Amazon does respond to BBB complaints though, and that seemingly compels Amazon to issue refunds. I have to assume this past year or so has seen scammer activity increase significantly.

Yeah I'll have to do that. Really tired of sitting on the phone or chat with customer service right now. Guess I'll be banned from WD store but not a big deal if I get my money back. I am still looking at HDDs and WD has always been my favorite HDD brand as I've max mixed results with Toshiba and Seagate, so that is disappointing for me.

For the order I did receive, the drive works great. Though I worry if I have to send it in for RMA if something goes wrong.
Yea it's a part time job dealing with customer service and RMAs. I suppose it's worth it if it's new but if it was a few years old honestly I wouldn't even deal with it. That's how bad it is sometimes, I'd rather not deal with it for 10 hours of bullshit to waste my time.

Now that the Christmas dust has settled, I have some time to figure this out. Still haven't decided which 4TB to keep, the SN850X or the 990 Pro, or do I just keep them both and call it good til Gen.5 doesn't require massive heatsinks and eat up half my PCIe lanes? Hmmm.

Reactions: Whach
like this
Now that the Christmas dust has settled, I have some time to figure this out. Still haven't decided which 4TB to keep, the SN850X or the 990 Pro, or do I just keep them both and call it good til Gen.5 doesn't require massive heatsinks and eat up half my PCIe lanes? Hmmm.

In another thread, I read the 990 pro for OS and SN850x for gaming, but no experience. Think for the sale I am just going to pick up 2 of the SN850X since I plan to build here in January.

https://hardforum.com/threads/990-pro-2tb-for-os-and-apps-and-sn850x-for-games-good-idea.2031880/

Back