Western Digital 160GB & 250GB IDE 8MB Cache $80 & $103 NO REBATES

JerRatt

Limp Gawd
Just got back from Sams Club, saw these:

Retail boxed Western Digital WD1600JB (7200rpm, 8MB Cache) for $80
Retail boxed Western Digital WD2500JB (7200rpm, 8MB Cache) for $103

On their website it shows the 250GB for $118.43, but at the store it was $103. This was at the Sams Club in Plano, TX.

Only 1 year warranties but no rebates involved. Worth a look!

Good price and no rebate headaches. Just FYI you can upgrade most WD warranties to 3 years for $15.

Here in Houston at the Sam's off of Hwy 59. just past the Beltway 8 they were indeed 118, though, just fyi.

Rhino

That would be fuggin sweet. 5 of those and I'd have a solid Terabyte.

<eyes checking account>

well, it would be 1000GB, which in computing measurement, 1000 Gigabytes = 0.9765625 Terabyte

No. I am under the company I work for and so I was able to get a business account...
$35/yr...Not too shabby considering the cheaper prices you can get. I think a normal membership is around there as well...Only difference is that you don't get to go in during the "business member only" hrs.

DevilDoc said:
That would be fuggin sweet. 5 of those and I'd have a solid Terabyte.

<eyes checking account>

well, it would be 1000GB, which in computing measurement, 1000 Gigabytes = 0.9765625 Terabyte

You mean 4 of them, and its actually 250 GiB, base 10. So actually ~238 GB, in base 2, which is you will actually see when you format. So that means you wuold be correct, need 5 to get past TB.

decent drive, picked one up the other day and it's currently formating in my mame cabinet :)
i paid 118 plus NY Taxes (boo) so total was around 127, not too bad for a 250 gid drive

yeah i've bought that 160gig drive @ sams like 2 months ago, same price..

i get a free membership through my company, nice little perk.

I went today (used a guest pass) and had to pay $118 + tax.
Still, not a bad deal!

I have all of the warranty info you need on hard drives [thread=873523]here[/thread], including links to the official policies from each manufacturer.

This is the quick and dirty version for retail internal drives:
WD and Maxtor , regardless of interface or buffer size, one year. As Daemon pointed out, you can upgrade WD warranties to three year.
Hitachi 2MB buffer drives, one year. 8MB drives are three year.
Seagate has a five year warranty, yes even on their retail drives, and yes regardless of interface or buffer size.

Raptor has a 5 yr warrentee, from the thread you linked. Not relevant to the drives here, but...

GLSauron said:
Raptor has a 5 yr warrentee, from the thread you linked. Not relevant to the drives here, but...

Ah ha, but I didn't say regardless of spindle speed ;) Yes, the 10,000RPM Raptor retail kits carry the same five year warranty of the bare drives.

Back