Wesena ITX2/Streacom F1C/MS-Tech CI-70 Alternatives?

Ulti

Limp Gawd
Hey HF-ers!

I've currently got a MS-Tech CI-70 case in silver as I bought it from a supplier and they only had the silver version but on the listing it was black but I decided to use it as I didn't have any other cases.

Basically I don't really like the look of silver and want the black MS-Tech CI-70 but I can't find any for sale at a reasonable price (<£60) in the UK. I've contacted MS-Tech but I've not received a reply yet.

The hardware I need to house are 2x 2.5" HDDs and Asus F1A75-I Deluxe + A6 3500 + Gelid Slim Silence AM2 (28mm cooler). Ideally I'd like to have USB ports on the front hence why I like the MS-Tech CI-70 case.

I don't like the look of plastic cases so things like the M350 and Antec are out, I only want brushed aluminium - which means Habeys are also out.

I've also looked at the Tendraw H110 and H112 but not too fond of them.

Tl;dr:
Are there any black aluminium ITX cases out there with dimensions roughly 220x220x85mm or under?

I know it's a bit out of your price range, but I've been very happy with the build quality and features of the ITX7-2's I have. Very solid, light, and look great :)

I do like the ITX7-2 but it's too big at 240x250x100mm (6L). Ideally I want something around 2-3L in size.

I've looked at the Mac Mini, but it's paying more for inferior components as usual.

Just measured up the MS-Tech CI-70 and it's 240x205x60mm in size which is just under 3L. I'm quite tempted by the Streacom F1C/Wesena ITX2 now and I'd actually be happy to get rid of my HDD as it's a little noisy. I still use USB sticks every now and like to charge some things via USB. Not sure if I could sacrifice the USB ports...

Also, if I were to only use an SSD, what ways would be good for me to access my data? I realised that the HDD is actually quite loud (WD Scorpio Black 250GB). I'm not much of a power user at all, I only use about 30GB/64GB on my Crucial M4 and 200GB/250GB on my WD Scorpio Black. I could get a 256GB SSD as prices are dropping to around £140 and may even drop more (looking at the Samsung 830). I could probably sell my SSD + HDD for about £75.

Have you considered getting your current case anodized?

I don't think that would be cost effective in my case - I'd rather live with the silver than pay such an amount for it to be anodized.

That I haven't considered, how easy is it to spray paint brushed aluminium whilst maintaining all the details (i.e. the brushed look)?

i've seen some paint that can give a textured look like that. not sure if it can go on metal however

Ah I've searched it up a bit and noticed that you can't really get a brushed finish look easily when painting yourself.. So I guess that idea goes out of the window.

Tempted to get the Streacom F1C/Wesena ITX2 (They're the same case) but really worried I'll miss having USB ports on the front... I don't want a USB hub either as they're ugly.

EDIT: This looks neat: http://www.itechnews.net/2010/12/01...card-reader-and-mr-c27-4-slot-sd-card-reader/

EDIT2: I realised on eBay there's tons of those type of things for a lot cheaper. I'll be getting a Streacom F1C/Wesena ITX2 then! if I don't receive a reply from MS-Tech before finishing my final exam (Wednesday).

Last edited:
I'll just throw this out there, but my Habey case in black brushed aluminum looks great.

They definitely do brushed. :)

Do you have the model number? Not too fond of their case designs though, looks too industrial and not like home/living room material to me.

I have This one but it has a DVD drive slot that you may not like (and is a tad taller than your current). It comes with a 120w PSU but the brick is only 60w so you need a new external brick for most setups with this case.

You may be more interested in This one since it is slimmer, but it may not fit your cooler with the SSD's above it (I honestly don't know if it would or not). Again, you would need the external brick or a picoPSU.

Both are out of stock in the US but I dunno about finding them in the UK? They both say brushed aluminum right in the description too.

Ah those were the ones that I didn't like the look of. I'd rather go for the Wesena ITX2/Streacom F1C over those. I'm sure the Habey has good airflow though due to the vents.

actually, the airflow in the Habey is terrible (I've owned both the 600 and the 800), might as well use a microwave.

I'm sure it's better than the ones I listed though as they hardly have any vents to let air in.

Back