werd @ this ram

I have a stick of Kingston PC3200 DDR400 512mb single stick and i was wondering is it a good idea to combine that with a corsair xms pc3200 ddr400 512 chip? or am i just wasting my time and money?

Combine how? Can you be more specific? They may or may not work in dual-channel, although I think they should.

Do you already have the corsair pc3200 stick also? Cause i mean why would you consider buying it instead of another stick of the kingston if you dont already have it.

Probably as long as they have the same chips and run at the same speed then it will probably work but i dont recommend anyone to run different brands of RAM because theres too good of a chance of incompatibility.

well the reason would be because the corsair is supposedly faster because it is the xtreme speed line of thier ram sticks thats what i was thinking? or does value select and xtreme speed really have that much of a difference/?

id get an identical stick of what you have...especially if its cheaper than the corsair cus itll only go as fast as the slowest ram you have...or get rid of it completely and get 2 corsair sticks....but i use kingston hyper x ram and its great, cheaper and just as fast as corsair.

well is my cas3 ram bad? Im not sure what the deal is with cas and pentium, i know someone here on the forum explained to me cas and amd but the budget ram im on the kingston valueram is cas 3

Back