Wen are the new cards?

Jelyrol

n00b
Hi guys..

I need a new pc badly but I want to wait for some of the new tech comming this year. Can anyone tell me when some of the new video cards will be hitting stores?

We don't know. no one knows. I would take a wild guess at mid february for the paper launch though, and late march for silicon.

damn, i wasnt sure but i was hopping someone on here would know. Im a cheap ass and done want to buy my new pc untill al the new stuff is out so i can get some of the older stuff cheaper =)

I dont think i can wait that long though.. depends what games come out. Im on 10giger PIII800E with geforce 3 card.. weee!

i think u should really hold off for at least Q2
more light will shine on the newer stuff making the good stuff out now a little cheaper

Hey man..... I came from a 1gig athlon with a TNT2 16 mb

So the systems were pretty damn close, sept your vid card is much better. I had to build one because my hsf fell off of my athlon and it proceeded to fry while I was pwning in 800x600 cs.

I got off of a TNT 16MB too. GForce 3 is still better than my Gforce4MX 420. I would deffinately wait, I waited for the 64bit stuff.

Vette

the NV40 will be released @ CeBIT in mid March, who knows shelf dates on the cards tho, expect the R420 around the same time +_ 2 weeks...

Originally posted by B1zz
the NV40 will be released @ CeBIT in mid March, who knows shelf dates on the cards tho, expect the R420 around the same time +_ 2 weeks...

if the current rumors are true, which it seems likely they are, ati will have close to a month's lead over the nv40 - so ati could come to the table sooner to steal nvidia's thunder. or, they could just have tons of cards ready to go, and have ample supplies of cards on store shelves as nvidia begins releasing in limited quantities. at this point, it's way too early to tell - not to mention that there's always a chance ati could hit a snag and be held up; allowing nvidia to erase any lead ati may have had.

you're really better off waiting a while before building a new rig.

besides new graphics cards just over the horizon, you've got socket 775 and the 915/925 chipsets with prescott core p4's coming up very shortly, as well as socket 939 athlon 64's and the boards to accompany them appearing in the near future as well.

there's too much new technology that's getting ready to be unleashed to make me feel like i'd be getting the best machine for my money right now. though if i for some reason had to build a new machine today, it'd most definitely be an athlon64 3000+ with a 9600xt, or a 9800np if i could track one down for less than $220.

Back