Well I went ahead and bought myself a X850XT PE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trudude

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a pretty good deal as well. Only $485. Lower than MSRP is always good especially when it is a retail card. Anyways cheers!

Fuckin sweet dude:D
My next card will be the R520:D
6600GT will hold me off, finally got BFG support to tell me to send the card to get repaired after trying their bullshit solutions.
I must say the 8xS fsaa at 1152x864 is really sweet- barely and jaggies.

I agree. At that price and with him actually finding one, it is a great deal. Now post some pics!

I think he just ordered it. Probably hasn't recieved it yet, and won't until pigs fly :eek:

Nice!......but as far as performance increase over a 6800 gt/ultra or x800 xt, the reviews showed only a small fps increase, Pretty damn close in most games. They just released it to try and make a bundle of money off people thinking its alot better in reality, its not. To me, waist of money. Good luck though

Considering how hard it is to find a 6800ultra in PCI-E let alone the vaporware XT PE, I don't see a problem with buying an X850. That's a wicked fast card. Nice choice dude!

I'll be preordering an R520 as soon I can.

Nirad9er said:
Nice!......but as far as performance increase over a 6800 gt/ultra or x800 xt, the reviews showed only a small fps increase, Pretty damn close in most games. They just released it to try and make a bundle of money off people thinking its alot better in reality, its not. To me, waist of money. Good luck though

Well, having the fastest is definitely a novelty. And that particular novelty comes with some overhead. But right now 850pe is the fastest card that exists, and not that many people have 'em.

pigpen said:
Well, having the fastest is definitely a novelty. And that particular novelty comes with some overhead. But right now 850pe is the fastest card that exists, and not that many people have 'em.

6800U SLI is the fastest card that exists :)

i kinda don't believe him... post pics etc once u get it. no offense... the price he got it for is just too low... thats the price of even less then a XT PE

shade said:
i kinda don't believe him... post pics etc once u get it. no offense... the price he got it for is just too low... thats the price of even less then a XT PE

well it is an XT PE, the X850. I think you mean it is even less than an X800XT PE, so i will give you the benefit of the doubt. But seriously, why would someone lie about buying a video card on a forum to a bunch of people he doesn't know?

Yeah I have not got the card yet. I suppose if the site wants to be dicks they could cancel the order.

I would tell you where I got it, but the last time I did it was a mistake and I got screwed on the deal. I love you guys and everything, but the fewer people that know about this the better chances I have of receiving the card. I hope you understand.

trudude said:
I would tell you where I got it, but the last time I did it was a mistake and I got screwed on the deal. I love you guys and everything, but the fewer people that know about this the better chances I have of receiving the card. I hope you understand.

If you've already purchased the card, why not tell others?

I just called them and verified with them that this is the correct price and I even told them that the price they are offering is $62 or so less than MSRP. I also told them that this video card is actually instock at other retailers for $700-1000. I told her that I was actually willing to pay MSRP if it would ensure that I would get my card. She told me that no matter what I would get the video card at $485 as soon as they arrive instock. I even got overnight shipping for $5!!!! Anyways so now I know that it is not a fluke and I got a X850XT PE for $490 shipped (overnight even)! Oh and btw here it is guys! Have at it....

http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=241592

sculelos said:
Yes, beside two ultras will cost you about 1,000$, where an X850 will run you only about 550$ Retail.

bolol... 550$ retail is right but i havent seen 550$ price tag in any retail online shop.. more like 800$+ even the x800xt pe ! so SLI is a much better choice than x850xt pe if u are going to spend 800$+

Torquemada XP said:
If you've already purchased the card, why not tell others?
Cause the site has not received their shipment yet and I was one of the first to make the purchase. I needed to call and verify to make sure I was gonna get the deal before I screwed it for myself. I had already screwed myself out of getting my dual 6800 Ultra's before they went out of stock.

My guess is:

Nextwarehouse.com

But for a little less a few other places will ship them to you a long time from now (most likely):

Techonweb.com

TechDepot.com

Neutronexpress.com

And for almost $1500 Atacom.com says they have it in stock.

arentol said:
My guess is:

Nextwarehouse.com

But for a little less a few other places will ship them to you a long time from now (most likely):

Techonweb.com

TechDepot.com

Neutronexpress.com

And for almost $1500 Atacom.com says they have it in stock.
Those are nice finds however the site I found it at is Chumbo.com and she said that they have an order coming in on Jan 30th.

trudude said:
I just called them and verified with them that this is the correct price and I even told them that the price they are offering is $62 or so less than MSRP. I also told them that this video card is actually instock at other retailers for $700-1000. I told her that I was actually willing to pay MSRP if it would ensure that I would get my card. She told me that no matter what I would get the video card at $485 as soon as they arrive instock. I even got overnight shipping for $5!!!! Anyways so now I know that it is not a fluke and I got a X850XT PE for $490 shipped (overnight even)! Oh and btw here it is guys! Have at it....

http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=241592

I guess i'll be selling that X800XL i have on pre-order from ATI cause now i just pre-ordered an X850XT PE :).

This damn thing had better ship to me when they get them in stock too.

trudude said:
I got a pretty good deal as well. Only $485. Lower than MSRP is always good especially when it is a retail card. Anyways cheers!

Now just vmod it and you might be abel to keep up with my XT/PE =P

Burningrave, You know you effectively just posted a bunch of personal information don't you? (just want to make sure you know).

burningrave101 said:
I guess i'll be selling that X800XL i have on pre-order from ATI :).

This damn thing had better ship to me when they get them in stock too.
Glad to see you took advantage of this offer! I hope this deal does not fall through like so many others have in the past. I was assured by Chumbo.com customer service that this would not happen.

Hmmm Let me know when you receive yours cuz I spoke the the sales guy at chumbo and made him get more info and a sure time frame he said Late Feb/Early March.. Cuz if its late january I would actually order one.. :confused:

Jasonx82 said:
Hmmm Let me know when you receive yours cuz I spoke the the sales guy at chumbo and made him get more info and a sure time frame he said Late Feb/Early March.. Cuz if its late january I would actually order one.. :confused:

Uh-oh, Chumbo's hired all the Gateway order staff... :)

burninggrave101: that link works. (Mr. S. B.?)

nice find... wish i had pci-e and $500. good luck with that card.

i love how TranyC brought up SLI in an ATI topic AGAIN. so obsessed its writin in every post. :rolleyes: so the SLI 6800U is fastest hu? gee guess ill rush out and buy two of those for $900-$1000. o and a new motherboard for $150. o and a new power supply for $150. screw that, my rig pOOns games just fine.

burningbum, please don't ever own an ATI card. sell that X800XL straight away. that card is WAY to good for you.

i'd grab an x850 but there's no need. my card can handle 570/570 all day long. and with a volt mod it'll go way higher.

Mister E said:
i love how TranyC brought up SLI in an ATI topic AGAIN. so obsessed its writin in every post. :rolleyes: so the SLI 6800U is fastest hu? gee guess ill rush out and buy two of those for $900-$1000. o and a new motherboard for $150. o and a new power supply for $150. screw that, my rig pOOns games just fine.

burningbum, please don't ever own an ATI card. sell that X800XL straight away. that card is WAY to good for you.

i'd grab an x850 but there's no need. my card can handle 570/570 all day long. and with a volt mod it'll go way higher.
you've just managed to: make things personal, wake a sleeping dog and be antagonistic in 1 post, thus leading to a most probable flame war. congratulations

tornadotsunamilife said:
you've just managed to: make things personal, wake a sleeping dog and be antagonistic in 1 post, thus leading to a most probable flame war. congratulations

every1s thinking it im just sayin' it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back