Well I finally did it.

merlin704

The Great Procrastinator
I've been debating on whether or not to get a console system since I like gaming on my PC. Well this past Friday, I took the plunge.

What I purchased:
X360 Premium Package
Extra Wireless Controller
Lost Planet:Extreme Conditions
Gears of War
1yr. Xbox Live
3600 MS Points.

I must say, I am VERY VERY happy with my purchase. Now are there any other games I should check, especially 2-player games?

Might want to check out Guitar Hero II when it comes out for 360 in a week or so...I can't pull myself away from the game on PS2.

It's a ways off, but Bioshock will also definitely be worth it if you don't choose to get it on PC.

Kameo (single player and co-op mode that is incredibly under-rated)
Fight Night Round 3 (a blast with parties)
Gears of War (best console shooter game ever)

My three favorite games on xbox...

Try worms on arcade, as well as texas holdem - another two really fun games.

There's too many to list. But, check out Rainbow Six: Vegas (countless sleepless nights), Dead Rising (good single player game), Test Drive Unlimited, Just Cause, Kameo... many more to list. Go to gamespot.com, and check out their highest rated games for 367 on their full list. Basically, those are the games to buy.

Gears of War (best console shooter game ever)

Not to go off topic, but Goldeneye was my favorite shooter on console ever. (Yes, I know it's old, but it was a incredible step forward during that time, and was just all-in-all incredible. You can see it's influence stretch everywhere from Halo, to Resistance, to any FPS since that time) And also, Half-Life (greatest FPS of all time?) came out on PS2 and that was good too, considering it wasn't on the PC.

Not to go off topic, but Goldeneye was my favorite shooter on console ever. (Yes, I know it's old, but it was a incredible step forward during that time, and was just all-in-all incredible. You can see it's influence stretch everywhere from Halo, to Resistance, to any FPS since that time) And also, Half-Life (greatest FPS of all time?) came out on PS2 and that was good too, considering it wasn't on the PC.

Umm Half Life was originally on the PC.

Currently playing:
GRAW2
Oblivion
Gears of War
Saint's Row
Crackdown

all sweet games

Congrats on the purchase. I bought an Xbox 360 last Friday. The only game I got was Rainbow Six: Vegas though. It's a great game, though if you don't plan on playing over Live, try and find it cheap. Best Buy had it for $39.99, when I was there last. To me the single player campaign seemed a bit short, but it's a great game none the less.

Awsome game... I think this was one of the (if not the) first fps to implement hit zones ?
At least form the ones i played, this was huge step foward for me... Head shots ftw

Hit zones started in the Swat mod for Quake 1 I believe. And I'm not sure if there were games before that who had them.

Definatly get Crackdown. Depending on what kind of FPS you like there are some variances. I dont really like too many realistic ones like RB6 and CS so not sure what you would like on the 360. I know craps loads of people like Gears of War and from what I was able to play when I rented it, it looks like a fantastic game, it wasnt my cup of tea, too slow for me. All I hear is good things though so it would most likely be one to check out. I would rent most of the game to see if you like them first though. 55-60 is alot for games you will not play in a months time.

Ha, I missed that part of the comment. Half Life a ps2 exclusive!

But thank God that Counter-Strike wasn't.

Hey, can anybody figure out how to play CS on my PC without Half-Life installed?

This isn't making any sense... :rolleyes:

to the above poster, if you bought half-life, and downloaded the CS mod, then you needed both installed to play, i do not believe that is the case anymore with steam now, as it auto installs both of them anyway. if you purchase half-life, cs is free.
if you purchase CS, i think it comes with half-life anyway? either way i think CS is now a stand-alone game through steam

BTW Steam is a GREAT idea!,
unfortuneately it never works + valve keeps screweing with older games and needs to FREAKIN STOP. Who remembers the ol days around beta 1.3 - 1.5 with DAYS of waiting for patch downloads Eh?

to the above poster, if you bought half-life, and downloaded the CS mod, then you needed both installed to play, i do not believe that is the case anymore with steam now, as it auto installs both of them anyway. if you purchase half-life, cs is free.
if you purchase CS, i think it comes with half-life anyway? either way i think CS is now a stand-alone game through steam

BTW Steam is a GREAT idea!,
unfortuneately it never works + valve keeps screweing with older games and needs to FREAKIN STOP. Who remembers the ol days around beta 1.3 - 1.5 with DAYS of waiting for patch downloads Eh?

Dumb joke. Forget it.

I was playing off the poster who commented earlier that HL was a PS2 exclusive.

And yes, Steam is a wonderful idea that has never been properly executed.

Woops, went over my head. guess i take everything too literally. but anyways, if you like realistic shooters, pick up GRAW 2, its alot more tactical and i like the fact that people actually die in 1-2 well placed shots. Although i wont say IMO its the OMG BEST SHOOTER OF ALL TIME!!!!! (i HATE when people say this) because its just that, my opinion. it is a great game, and alot of fun. especially if youve got friends to play with.

I hated Steam at first, it was unbelievably bad when it first debuted. I had a number of problems before it fell off the radar and returned as a viable game distribution system. Still had pre-order discount problems with Ragdoll Kungfu and Day of defeat credit-card charge errors. Pretty annoying, but I've made other purchases on Steam as well that worked, and when it works, it's easy for me to appreciate how nice it was. Honestly, I like it now I find I would like all my PC games to be purchased through Steam. The problems were very frustrating, but I won't hold past problems against it so long as the problems STAY in the past.

Anyway, getting back on topic: I'll recommend Fight Night Round 3, Dead Rising, R6: Vegas(Multiplayer on this one is fun), Geometry Wars, Castlevania: SotN, and Worms,

Woops, went over my head. guess i take everything too literally. but anyways, if you like realistic shooters, pick up GRAW 2, its alot more tactical and i like the fact that people actually die in 1-2 well placed shots. Although i wont say IMO its the OMG BEST SHOOTER OF ALL TIME!!!!! (i HATE when people say this) because its just that, my opinion. it is a great game, and alot of fun. especially if youve got friends to play with.

What about the original GRAW? Is it worth the $24 or so it goes for used?

Rocketpig, (awesome name btw) The only reason i would reccomend buying the first GRAW would be if you like the single player (i bought it just for MP), I believe all the same guns (camera gun not in the second one?) are with GRAW2, same gameplay, more multiplayer modes, and a medic ability is inputed into the game. Maps in Graw 1 dont come with graw 2, but you can get the BEST map imo by verifying through ubi or somethin to get the map Nowhere into GRAW 2.

Back