weird xbox isuee

zerogt86

Gawd
Just wanted to put this up here, and see if anyone has heard anything like this anywhere before...

so yesterday night, i was playing forza on xbox live was having a great time. Then suddenlny during one of the races, my tv just turned off. I had to unplug the tv from the wall, and let it sit for a few seconds (too reset, i suppose) before it would even turn back on. Now, once again, i was playing forza on xbox live (tonight) and after afew races, my tv just shut off again. I had to repeat the process of unplugging once again, just to get the tv work.

I really dont understand what would cause this to happen. It has never happend before, during any other kind of xbox live gaming, or any kind of normal single player xbox gaming, or even when any other kind of device has been attached. The extremely bizarre thing is that now my xbox wont display video on this tv, however it will output the audio, is it possible that my xbox A/V cable is bad and would somehow interfere with the tv?

Try another cable, but I don't think that is it.

Does your TV do this while doing anything else with it?

How long do you play for at one time? Does it do it while doing other things for that same amount of time in one sitting?

How old is your TV?

Could've been electrical noise or power spikes....and since your TV and Xbox were in sync (ya know, connected;being used at the same time) the power spike could've caused trouble through the Xbox-TV video connection. Try connecting it in another video port and see what happens.

The tv is 8 or so years old. Ive tried the xbox on multiple video inputs, and still nothing. Im going to borrow my friends xbox A/V cable later today, and then ill give it a shot. Also, ill try it on another tv.

and as far as time, i couldnt have been playing for more than a half hour.

why would your tv turning off have anything to do w/ your xbox

the fact that you were playing forza both times just means that you play alot of forza.

its coincidence

p.s. your tv is broken

Deadguy said:
why would your tv turning off have anything to do w/ your xbox

the fact that you were playing forza both times just means that you play alot of forza.

its coincidence

p.s. your tv is broken

thats what i would think, but my tv is fine! The digital cable works, and anything else that's hooked up is perfrectly fine (dvd player, ps2, etc). And i tried the xbox on another tv in the house, and no video their either, i really hope its just something with the cable, not the xbox it self...

ah yes the classic story of a smartass being cut down in his prime by new information....

ok if it does not have video on another tv as well then try another av cable

but that would still have nothing to do w/ the tv turning off

gl

Back