Weird white line with SLI

LittleMe

2[H]4U
I've tried BIOS versions 1002 1004 1005-001 1005-003 and now 1005-005 and every time I enable SLI in the nvidia control center after I reboot the entire first row of pixels turns white and stays white. I've tried many different driver versions but with no luck. Any ideas, specs are in the sig.

does it turn white prior to entering windows(inc the windows logo) ?

if so it pretty much has to be hardware.
Because you say you have tried differnt bios revisions.
Have you tried switching the pci-e slots the cards are in?

If it does it only upon entering windows id be more inclined to think it software

It's only when in windows. Also, video's play really choppy but nothing else is affected. Games don't run choppy and neither does 3dmark 2k5.

LittleMe said:
It's only when in windows. Also, video's play really choppy but nothing else is affected. Games don't run choppy and neither does 3dmark 2k5.

I still consider this SLI thing "Beta"... thats what happens when you jump on the "bleeding edge" tech bandwagon.

I hope it improves for ya!

-Skystalker

PS: I just had a thought... maybe physically move the cards to the opposite slots? Might be a minor timing issue if it is not the drivers. Just a stab in the dark.

Tried switching the cards, no luck. Picked up the MSI K8N board today and I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

LittleMe said:
Tried switching the cards, no luck. Picked up the MSI K8N board today and I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

DAMN! I was hoping for a moment of brilliance. <sigh>

Good luck, my friend.

-Skystalker

Well, I've tried 2 different motherboards, different drivers, and moving the cards around. Only thing I've noticed is that it occurs only when at my flat panels native resoultion (1680x1050 16:10 ratio). Guess the rumors I heard about widescreen monitors a while ago are true.

LittleMe said:
Well, I've tried 2 different motherboards, different drivers, and moving the cards around. Only thing I've noticed is that it occurs only when at my flat panels native resoultion (1680x1050 16:10 ratio). Guess the rumors I heard about widescreen monitors a while ago are true.
Only affects widescreen LCDs, SLI works great on my 24" Sony GDM-FW900 CRT.

LittleMe said:

Have you tried different refresh rates (or are you using the DVI connector)?

Sounds like it is an LCD issue... damn. :(

-Skystalker

I'm using DVI :(

Works great if I'm in standard 4:3 ratio resolution but as soon as I move to anything 16:9 or 16:10, my videos get choppy and gaming sucks, except for Far Cry. FC had no problems at 1680x1050 with maxed out settings blowing through even the toughest scenes and never going below 50fps. Even hit well over 200fps inside buildings, just amazing.

Back