Weird problem with Graphics card.. could it be dead? Need some advice.

zlooop

Gawd
So, I noticed that several times when I would leave my computer running and it would go to screensaver, the monitor wouldn't recognize a display device. I would restart and everything would work ok.

This time, the same thing happened and I restarted, but after the restart, the boot screen has little white periods all over it and when it goes to the windows loading screen, green bars and other visual defects occur.

I checked the graphic card seating, power cords, video cords, and everything seems to be ok. The only thing I am guessing is that the graphics card is dead. Is it time for an RMA or am I missing something?

Tech support at EVGA said it was bad memory, but my warranty expired (DAMNIT!!!!!). Anyone have any suggested for what to do with a dead graphics card with no warranty? Trash the only option ?

(it's a 6800GT)

Ill take it off your hands, Im sure i could get it to work good enough so that it would be better than this pos 9250:( , No money

I'm sure you can send it to eVGA for a price to repair it if its out of warranty.

zlooop said:
Tech support at EVGA said it was bad memory, but my warranty expired (DAMNIT!!!!!). Anyone have any suggested for what to do with a dead graphics card with no warranty? Trash the only option ?

(it's a 6800GT)

warranty expired?!

was this before they instated their lifetime warranty?

As for what to do, I'd say sell it based on the premise that it is broken. Might be able to net 10-20+shipping. That, or cut out the GPU and make a keychain :D

Back