Weird problem with brothers computer

p0intblank

Limp Gawd
Ok first off, its an amd 64 3000+ cpu on a dfi mobo(not sure which model). When I power it on it goes right to a screen that says hit delete to enter setup or escape to do something else, but hitting either of those keys or any key at all doesnt do a thing, and it wont go past that screen. I checked all the connections and they all seem fine and even tried a different keyboard. I'm out of ideas so Im asking you guys for suggestions. Oh and another thing. When we first built it it worked fine, and then did this. Then it stopped and worked fine for awhile, and now its doing it again, and I have no clue how it stopped before.

clear cmos maybe?

are you running all the same memory (ie ..speed , brand)? ..if not , manually set memory to specific timings instead of auto ..

try updating bios to lates greatest from dfi for that particular model mobo you have

[F]old|[H]ard

Run memtest to test your ram if the problem still persists after you tried ThreeDee's suggestions.

Next time I get a chance I'll try clearing the CMOS. I cant run any programs cuz I cant get to the desktop.

memtest does not run within windows. stick it on a floppy and boot to it.

Back