weird mamba issue

donnrfl

n00bie
When the "Razer Mamba Configurator" is in the system tray the cursor freezes for a split second about 1 time per minute. I *think* this is the mamba sensing signal interference and switching channels. This doesn't sound like a big deal but it can be very annoying. I'm pretty sure there is NOTHING anywhere close to me that would be interfering and causing it switch channels constantly like this.

However, when I simply right click on the icon in the system tray and click on "Close Tray Icon" the constant channel switching stops completely and the mouse is perfect with zero hiccups or freezes.

Wtf? Anyone else get this? It's not a huge issue since closing the tray icon is so easy... but wtf?

I have the latest drivers(1.07) and firmware(1.08.03). :confused:

Last edited:
I Have Recently gone back to my old Logitech G5. I cant stand the Razor drivers. they were always buggy for me.
Sounds like a driver bug or another running process is interfering with it in some way. one thing you could try to narrow it down to see if another program is causing it would be to run msconfig. Hide all Microsoft start up programs. Uncheck all start up programs then see if the problem is still there. If the problem stops you know another running process is causing it . then you would just recheck each process until you find the culprit.

When the "Razer Mamba Configurator" is in the system tray the cursor freezes for a split second about 1 time per minute. I *think* this is the mamba sensing signal interference and switching channels. This doesn't sound like a big deal but it can be very annoying. I'm pretty sure there is NOTHING anywhere close to me that would be interfering and causing it switch channels constantly like this.

However, when I simply right click on the icon in the system tray and click on "Close Tray Icon" the constant channel switching stops completely and the mouse is perfect with zero hiccups or freezes.

Wtf? Anyone else get this? It's not a huge issue since closing the tray icon is so easy... but wtf?

I have the latest drivers(1.07) and firmware(1.08.03). :confused:

With the mouse on board memory, you do not need the configurator in your startup. The only time mine is active is for driver and firmware updates. When the updates are complete, I shut it down.

^^^Exactly.

I know when you run the Configurator, the mouse becomes unresponsive when the program is first opened for a few seconds. If your making changes and pressing Apply when done, the mouse will become unresponsive for a few seconds, the same will happen when you press OK to exit. Sometimes the Config will hang before closing. The software is not the best but the mouse is phenomenal. I can't expect to have an Apple like experience with drivers on PC and won't downgrade to something inferior because of it.

Back