Website seem slow to anyone?

n64man120

2[H]4U
I know your still testing it and stuff but does the [h] seem pretty slow to anyone else? BTW this new format rox ;)

Although I would have prefered other if it didnt mean waiting a whole month for hardforum, idk how i survived

Yeah it seems pretty slow but I am running a torrent right now so it might just be that.

Is running much faster than it has in the past. Got to remember also we are all hammering it at the moment.

I am experiencing a problem where, if I am not logged in, I can see all of the threads(including the old threads), but after I log in I can't see the old threads.

Example:

There are pages and pages of threads in the mobile computing subforum before I login, however, after I log in I can only see three. The two sticky posts and one about tablets that was just added today.

Ahh i'm so smart... maybe my slow speed was due to my uploading of MP3's to a webserver and my downloading of a 300mb movie :)

MISMCSA said:
I am experiencing a problem where, if I am not logged in, I can see all of the threads(including the old threads), but after I log in I can't see the old threads.

Have you changed the setting on the bottom of the page, when you're in a subforum (such as General Hardware)? On the Display Options section, the "From the:" field.

Ah yes, I was having the same problem and that fixed it. Default is 1 month, and its been o so long.

Seems way faster than it was before the upgrade to me.. and the search feature works!

speed feels good for me. Its slightly slower than it used to be at off-peak times, but this is the initial OMGTHEFORUMSAREBACK intense usage. It'll level off some and it seems like it'll be faster than before.

corrosive23 said:
The [H]ardforum being slow is classic hardforum. Its never been fast.

I disagree. This is the fastest I have ever seen this forum run. I havent experienced any problems and Ive been using it for about an hour or so straight now.

It cant be hardforum if its fast or always up. I depend on the [h] to always either be slow, or down at least once a week. If its up all the time, what can I depend on then? :( I mean what next? The sun not come up? Kyle not fry a proc? Steve not feed a proc to a lizard? :eek: The horror, the horror. :D

^^ LOL @ U ;)

haha but yeah, I find the forum to be pretty speedy, and for the [H] that is :cool:

so I suppose I'm happy to wait. I couldn't help but laugh everytime I saw the message that was like "It will return" and "sometime next week". I chose to laugh at it to fight the reality of it :p

The Hardforums are running faster than they ever did for me! DSL internet and loading intoa new thread takes less than one second!

It's been mentioned before but be sure to flush your DNS resolver cache:

- Close all browser apps
- (assuming WinDoze) open a command line window:

ipconfig /flushdns

......try again.... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

Back