WD Green WD10EADS 1TB - ZZF $69.99 AR

I ordered one of these in the last deal. I ordered 8/10 and mailed the rebate in 8/20. I got a confirmation email 8/31 that they had received it, and one 9/4 that it had been processed and approved. I've been pretty happy overall with the 4myrebate.com ones. Short of the online Easy Rebates, these are about the best you can do. As with all rebates, just make sure you follow their instructions carefully.

Just go to http://zipzoomfly.4myrebate.com/, enter offer ZZF-10009, fill in your info, then mail in the stuff on the checklist. Note that with OEM hardware, you usually have to send in the Item Number Sticker if there's no UPC, so don't throw the static bag away as soon as you take the drive out.

I'm really tempted to get another one of these for backup mirroring.

Rebates are not that bad people, just send it in right away and you should be good to go.

It seriously takes 5min or less to fill out and do once I get the item.

yeah, but i need to add to my 2tb server. so its either two of these for $140 and have 4 drives... or get 2x1.5 for 199 (when that deal comes back) and just sell off one of my current 1tb drives. im pretty stuck on what ill do...

yeah, but i need to add to my 2tb server. so its either two of these for $140 and have 4 drives... or get 2x1.5 for 199 (when that deal comes back) and just sell off one of my current 1tb drives. im pretty stuck on what ill do...

As with most rebates, Limit one rebate per qualifying rebate offer per person ... That makes it $155 for a pair, unless you've got a friend who's willing to buy the second one for you.

yeah fuck that, you can always get around a 1 household limit. unless you live in a cellar with zero friends or family i guess...

You guys have to thank me. As soon as I buy anything it will shortly go on sale.

Are these fast enough to use as a primary OS drive? By fast enough, I mean a noticeable difference in speed during daily use, not benchmark numbers.

No. This is a storage/secondary drive only.

Primary drives should be a Blue or Black (WD family hierarchy).

Are these fast enough to use as a primary OS drive? By fast enough, I mean a noticeable difference in speed during daily use, not benchmark numbers.

I used one as a primary drive for a while. It probably depends on what you use your computer for; internet browsing, music/movies, some games, and relatively light Photoshop/InDesign work in my case didn't feel much slower on it compared to the WD6400AAKS I'm using now. Kind of s subjective thing, so YMMV.

No. This is a storage/secondary drive only.

Primary drives should be a Blue or Black (WD family hierarchy).

Not "only", it will work fine as a primary drive.

But for a system for speed like a gaming system, you should go with a Blue or Black for the OS drive.

Most machines would be fine with one of the Greens as the OS drive though.

you have nothing to lose, you'd be paying the same thing on newegg even if god forbid the rebate doesnt come through.

Not receiving a rebate kills the point of a deal. HDs go on sale so damn often that I'd avoid any HD "deal" that has a MIR attached it, cuz more likely than not there'll be a sale the following week for the same but w/o a MIR.

Basically any current harddrive is fast enough for a primary drive. People who say that some of them aren't are likely the same kind of people that say a video card cannot be used for gaming unless it can run every game full resolution, 8X AA and at 60fps or higher.

$89.99 ... and then minus a $25 reward certificate. So I'm still happy with the deal. It's nearly the same, but no waiting for delivery.

Fair enough, usually BB is insanely high priced on drives though :eek:

Bought. As well as 500GB Black from EWiz for $55. About $5 saved from BCB, So $120 for OS drive and storage drive.

have there been any better deals on 1tb, 7200rpm, 32mb cache drives yet? if not i think ill jump on this too. you can always hold off for a better deal, but this seems a pretty good price right now.

In California, ZZF charges ~$7 tax. Amazon has this drive for $84.99 w/free shipping and no tax. Effectively, ZZF is only $8 cheaper (providing the rebate goes through).

I was really hoping that 1.5's of this caliber would be available for <$120 by now, but oh well, this will suffice. I need a new drive no matter what, my Seagate ST3500641AS had bad sectors and needs to be RMA'd.

Back