WD Green issue

Judd Sandage

Limp Gawd
I just got a 1TB WD Green, using windows 7 RC x64 I formated it and copied over 500+ gigs of files, the system is used as a HTPC so I leave it in sleep most of the time, thing is the system doesn't see the drive upon wake up, only on a restart or a full turn on... there is a 320gb wd thats working just fine in it as well, and the 1tb replaced a 500gb using the same cabling, the mobo is an Intel DG33TL using the G33 chipset and 4gbs of ram, anyone got any ideas in regards to why windows wont see the drive from sleep?

hmm no that is a bit odd.

I would just upgrade to the RTM, and when you do enable AHCI in the BIOS

That should fix it.

Not sure what to tell ya......beta products do weird things ya know?

AHCI is enabled, and I am using the latest BIOS as well, I was thinking about going back to windows Vista, I would go RTM but I dont have my Technet Sub any longer. Though I would have gone RTM is if I could.

well then before you format your OS try switching the BIOS to ATA/IDE mode?

Cant hurt to try

My HTPC did this with Windows 7 and a WD Green 2TB. I believe what fixed it was updating the drivers by getting the latest ones from Intel.

My HTPC did this with Windows 7 and a WD Green 2TB. I believe what fixed it was updating the drivers by getting the latest ones from Intel.

that seems to have worked, I installed the latest .inf drivers and the RAID drivers, not that I am running RAID but I thought it might help.

Back