WD BLACK SN850X 2TB $90

And if you go through these sited you can get additional $ back...

3% at mrrebates.com
5% at bing.com/cashback
12% at PayPal Deals

So I dont need the space now, and I dont anticipate it being needed in the year, so why do I want this so much?

Placed an order for one and just now got an email that it is on backorder, will not ship until July 26. Guess I'll cancel, didn't need it that bad anyway....

And if you go through these sited you can get additional $ back...

3% at mrrebates.com
5% at bing.com/cashback
12% at PayPal Deals
You can stack bing and paypal

Also, first time account creators at WD.com, get a 10% off code in your email. Create your acccount before you check out. And then wait for the email to verify and receive the code.

I have 4TB Hynix P41, and 4TB Samsung 870 Evo, yet these crazy-low prices are tempting me to get another 2TB, which I don't think I need.

BTW, the Honey browser plugin appears to give $12 of Honey Gold (which you can exchange for cash-back on various purchases) on the 2TB SN850X on WD's site.

Can you please explain how to do this? I thought you can only click the link through one?
Use Edge Browser and sign into your MS account, in the browser. Then when you are on the WD website, there will be a blue icon (shaped like a hanging price tag) on the right side of the address bar. click it, to open the MS shopping rewards and coupon options. there will then be a button to activate cashback. You will automatically receive the cashback in bing points, after you complete checkout.

Then, purchase the item with Paypal, to automatically receive the paypal cashback. You don't have to click the link through paypal.

Use Edge Browser and sign into your MS account, in the browser. Then when you are on the WD website, there will be a blue icon (shaped like a hanging price tag) on the right side of the address bar. click it, to open the MS shopping rewards and coupon options. there will then be a button to activate cashback. You will automatically receive the cashback in bing points, after you complete checkout.

Then, purchase the item with Paypal, to automatically receive the paypal cashback. You don't have to click the link through paypal.
hmm... So I navigated to WD through paypal deals just to be safe and also activated bing cashback as you said. Confirmed that the bing sidebar said "you're earning up to 5% back storewide". Completed my order and I don't see any paypal points or bing points.

PayPal says "This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Western Digital completes your order."

So maybe when WD actually charges me it'll work? Either that or maybe the 4TB drive isn't eligible for these deals?

Also, the 10% new account code doesn't work on promotional prices, it brings the price back up to full.

I'm having bad luck saving money, though I suppose $229 is still a decent deal on this drive.

Just bought the sn850x 4tb from WD's website. Realized I'm in dire need of an upgrade on my workstation, as I'm dropping down below 100gb on my 1tb 970 pro. Can confirm with what twister has mentioned. 10% new account code defaults the price, which frankly is insulting. Couldn't get bing cashback to work, it would just error when clicking the shop portal link.

Ended up just using my honey extension for paypal rewards at 12%...Better then nothing I guess. Even checked my CC's, none had WD promos, sad panda. But man, that shipping delay, august 10th eta ship....Guess that's what I get for waiting too long. I should of just bought it on amazon, had $90 in rewards sitting on my account...lol.

This is my first time hearing of PayPal 12% cash back. So I'm going through WD website to buy it. I don't see anywhere anything about PP offer. I'm all the way at the end where it says pay now with the little PayPal popup window. But don't know how this works. Do I just complete this and I will get an email that I receive the 12% back or do I need to do anything? I'm buying 2x 2TB if it matters.

This is my first time hearing of PayPal 12% cash back. So I'm going through WD website to buy it. I don't see anywhere anything about PP offer. I'm all the way at the end where it says pay now with the little PayPal popup window. But don't know how this works. Do I just complete this and I will get an email that I receive the 12% back or do I need to do anything? I'm buying 2x 2TB if it matters.
You need two things, either use the paypal app as a means of purchasing, not sure what additional steps are required, as I used the method stated below.

Other option to do so from your computer, is to have the honey extension installed. Link it to your paypal account via the extension. Once you've done so, log into your paypal and look at the rewards/deals section, and it should give you a list of participating etailers. Search for western digital, it'll show the 12% off store option. Click shop so it refers, then add items as you usually would with purchasing. When you are on the checkout portion honey should pop up, or hover over the icon and click to see if it says cashback activated (1-12%). When you get to the payment option, choose paypal, honey should pop up and continue the checkout payment via paypal. At least that is what It has done for me.

Hope that helps.

I added the honey extension. I thought it was possible without it because PayPal has the page with 12% cash back, click to shop which takes you to WesternDigital.
I pressed Checkout with PP. Hopefully 12% cash back works. I didn't get any other confirmation during checkout.
Screenshot 2023-07-13 231448.jpg

As long as you linked your paypal to your honey account. An important step and requirement, and used the honey checkout...should be fine. I'm unsure how it's going to work in terms of the cashback for this, as they are backordered. I've used honey many times in the past and successfully redeemed the bonus points to my paypal...But unsure how the processing of the point will be considering the backorder status. Time to wait and see....

It's linked. Dang I just saw it's a month long wait. I kinda need it in the next couple of days. I guess my second PC will sit on the shelf for a month

This is a killer deal.. I thought I got a deal on the 980 Pro 2 TB about 3 weeks ago for $105 ...

I would have preferred this over the 980 Pro.. but in the end, I have more than what I need for now.. I still do not have PCIE 4x to take advantage of full speed.

PCIE 5 is starting to get legs... but still way too expensive and run hot.. So I guess we will wait a couple of years for those to drop, and by then I will have upgraded CPU and mobo.

Got one...thanks! Went PP, didnt have Honey. so paid 89.99$. Still a good deal!

Missed the original sales on Amazon/BHP, but was able to get BB to price match with WD.com, so still worked out in the end.
I should probably update my signature one of these days lol.

Anyone that had the drive backordered with a far off date get it shipped yet by any chance? Got a random email from WD stating high demand, delays, and my package will ship within the next few business days...Considering my ETA checking my order is august 10th, that's definitely an improvement, but looks like a mass produced e-mail. Any confirmations of shipping for anyone?

Wish Samsung made a 4tb 990 pro, would of preferred that over the sn850x. Have to buy a heatsink for this WD as well, so the $159 current price of the 990 pro 2tb heatsink variant, compared to the 250 I'm paying here is quite tempting...Not sure if I should cancel and switch, but 2tb just seems to small for my uses.

Anyone that had the drive backordered with a far off date get it shipped yet by any chance? Got a random email from WD stating high demand, delays, and my package will ship within the next few business days...Considering my ETA checking my order is august 10th, that's definitely an improvement, but looks like a mass produced e-mail. Any confirmations of shipping for anyone?

Wish Samsung made a 4tb 990 pro, would of preferred that over the sn850x. Have to buy a heatsink for this WD as well, so the $159 current price of the 990 pro 2tb heatsink variant, compared to the 250 I'm paying here is quite tempting...Not sure if I should cancel and switch, but 2tb just seems to small for my uses.

Updated delivery date by Amazon between Aug 2 - 10

Reactions: Ikasu
like this
4 TB from this page has quite basic price; 2 TB is too small for the server needs. Thanks though. Better luck for me next time.

FYI this deal is dead but PayPal is currently offering $10 cash back at Adorama and they have the same drive in stock at $99.99. Supposedly a $100 min purchase excluding tax but I got the discount, plus 3% back using the PayPal MC.

FYI this deal is dead but PayPal is currently offering $10 cash back at Adorama and they have the same drive in stock at $99.99. Supposedly a $100 min purchase excluding tax but I got the discount, plus 3% back using the PayPal MC.
2TB is $99.99 on WD's website. and Paypal still has 12% cash back for WD. And you can stack another 5% with bing rewards cashback points.

So I dont need the space now, and I dont anticipate it being needed in the year, so why do I want this so much?
Because now we know that you want it, and now that you know that we know that you know that we know, you just gotta go for it....(y)

I say buy it now because of the recent price crashes on m.2 drives, which I feel certain will soon result in a factory fire/flood/meltdown somewhere that the flash components are made, and then we can kiss these dirt cheap prices goodbye for a long time, at least until the next major wave of economic unrest is upon us :)

I bought the 4tb version last black friday from the WD store.

Keeping around a third of the writetable space free makes any ssd i had feel snappier.
Something about having to rewrite part of the upper layers if you need to write to the lower ones?
With my 2tb SSDs i never had than much space to spare.

sidenote:
the WD store got broken into and my details got stolen. WD was so nice to send me a mail to inform me that i should have a lookout for suspicious mails for the forseeable future...

Keeping around a third of the writetable space free makes any ssd i had feel snappier.
Something about having to rewrite part of the upper layers if you need to write to the lower ones?
With my 2tb SSDs i never had than much space to spare.

Most SSDs can dynamically allocate a portion of the TLC/QLC NAND into pseudo-SLC, which is much faster, to use as a cache. The more free space available, the more that can be allocated to cache.

There are probably other things going on as well that benefit from having more free space.

Most SSDs can dynamically allocate a portion of the TLC/QLC NAND into pseudo-SLC, which is much faster, to use as a cache. The more free space available, the more that can be allocated to cache.

There are probably other things going on as well that benefit from having more free space.

Which is why the capacity boost from TLC/QLC is a bit misleading. You can't (or shouldn't) actually use all of it.

Have any of you guys actually received this product? I ordered mine, got an email saying there were delays with shipping, and heard nothing else.

Back