WD-40 Has Started Its Own Social Network

HardOCP News

[H] News
What the?!? Since when did an all-purpose lubricant ever require its own social network? Move over Facebook, WD-40 is the new social network in town. Thanks to Edward C. for the link.

Yes, the WD-40 Co. has launched The Money-Saving Tool community. At this budding Peyton Place of cyberspace, members are encouraged to share money-saving tips and tricks—through stories, photos, videos, what have you—to show the creative ways they protect their investments and avoid paying for expensive repairs or replacement goods. According to the WD-40 Web site, the substance boasts more than 2,000 uses.

i though wd40 was going out of business. it's a very average lubricant, and they never even try to make it better.

So WD40 is now a "social lubricant"? Wouldn't that cause skin irritation?

I agree WD-40 is nasty stuff. Used it alot until I found Milligan Biotech Penoil which is what WD-40 should have been. WD-40 is alot more like solvant lol.

I agree WD-40 is nasty stuff. Used it alot until I found Milligan Biotech Penoil which is what WD-40 should have been. WD-40 is alot more like solvant lol.

In fact wd-40 was originally created to be an industrial rust-prevention solvent and degreaser, (btw its pretty good at doing this)

It is also the best solvent (by far) to remove thermal compound. Spray a tiny bit on a paper towel and that old hard-as-a-rock compound is history!

I've heard similar (about the thermal grease)

Usually if it's hard it just rubs off with paper-towels though... the shit most manufacturers use is easy to get off.. I only used WD40 on door hinges and bikes... lul

We get the shit in 50 gallon drums where I work. It cleans and prevents rust on our equipment- the slight lubricating properties are helpful, too.

Its an above average spray for pretty much everything.

Degrease - lubricate and rust protect. You can get much better materials that do these things individually - and if you have the time you probably should.

But if you are in a bind or just need a quick fix, it works great. Yes - just like duct tape.

Back