Wavemaster and Switches - Questions Sought

GNNR |AVault|

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, I am going to be doing some modding of a Coolermaster Wavemaster case. It's black and will have a custom window done as well as a powdercoat paintjob (not sure if the inside will be painted, not sure how durable that finish is???).

Anyway... on to the questions.

I am going to have a set of blue CCFLs inside, everything connected using RCA jacks and black project box and new a switch hidden in the top panel (replacing one of the never used audio jacks or perhaps in it's own hole).

I got to thinking about the front door panel... I want to light up the front drive bezels with blue LED spots, a splash of lighting and color. What kind of switch would I need to have it turn on a couple of LED spots in the open position, off in the closed position? This would have to be a switch activated by the pressure of a closed case front door, the LEDs hidden in the case front, top edge where the top bezel is (if it can be made to fit) so that is splashes light across the four drive bays. Open the door and on they come.

I should have the case shortly, but I make an assumption that the switch would have to be releatively small, the placement perhaps on the left edge of the door panel (when closed) and the wiring ran around the edge and through a small hole (shrink wrapped in black wiring) drilled in the case front along the door hinge edge (right as the door is closed, case right).

Any thoughts?

Back