Watercooling in a Cosmos 1000.

Tsumi

[H]F Junkie
Just finished putting up my worklog, and thought I would post this here as well. Here's the link to the worklog.

Looks terrible. Dismantle it and send me your stuff.

I jest, I jest. Looks good, Tsumi. Always fun completing a build. How do you like that D5 res top? Is it hard to bleed?

Surprisingly, not at all. In fact, I don't even need to shut the pump off after it pulls in all the water from the reservoir. When it runs dry, I just need to add more water, and it starts sucking again. This wasn't the case for when I had the Micro-Res V2, each time the pump ran dry I had to shut it off before it can pull in more water.

The tube in the middle is slightly offset, there's a slight curve to it such that it isn't pointed directly at the pump intake, but rather slightly above. It's because of this that most of the air escapes fairly quickly, and that there is ripple at the surface, so you can actually tell there's water moving. I would say bleeding this was much easier and faster than bleeding with the Micro-Res V2.

I know with my cousin's DDC with XSPC restop, he had to tilt it sideways, otherwise the air coming down the tube would go straight into the pump. But with the D5, couldn't be simpler.

Edit:

Here's a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll switch to one of those res tops if/when I rebuild my loop later this year. It would be nice to reduce the amount of tubing and angles I have.

Back