Watercooled Athlon64 SHUTTLE XPC

zygoat

n00b
athlon641.jpg

My latest computer project. Sorry I dont have pictures building it, im much too lazy. Im surprised i even posted this thread.

000_0009.jpg

I want to put some lights in it but im too tired right now. :(

what color should i go with?

000_0012.jpg

Specs: Athlon64 3400+,1GB NOT DUAL CHANNEL 3200 corsair (damn nforce 3), 120gb SATAraid, radeon 9800 pro, dvd-rw drive with see thru mod. and thats it i think.

heres my old one. i still have it but i dont love it as much any more.

DSC03596.JPG

i took it to winter cpl, but thats when the sn85g4 came out so i retired it when i got back.

cpl.jpg

cpl was a blast. the specs on the old one are 2500+ 512 corsair dual channel 3200, 40 gb, dvd rom drive, 9800 pro. all watercooled n shit.

DSC02784.JPG

Thats before i painted the edge around the font, looks naked.

DSC03433.JPG

ahh the insides!

I can build you one if you want, just $150 for labor, you tell me what parts and what mods you want done to it. email [email protected] for questions or comments.

That's stunning. I'd like to see some more pics of the watercooling, too.

Great job.
icon14.gif
:D

ok i moved the video card so you can see the watercooling, here are the pics.

coveroff.JPG

lay.JPG

In the SN85G4 (pictured) I used the Aquarius II watercooling kit. it is the very best for sff cases in my opinion. on the video card i have an Xice xgk waterblock. www.xice.de, it just looked so cool. had to have it shiped from germany.

block.JPG

thats the waterblock obviously, fairly easy to install, fits nicely

insides.JPG

radiator.JPG

theres the radiator, you need to cut off the metal lip on top of it when you get it or holes wont line up. you'll see

shuttle.JPG

stacked.JPG

garage.JPG

This is what i did to my garage, i still havent cleaned it up from 2 days ago and the mother is starting to get angry.

cooling.JPG

the kit i used

notneeded.JPG

sorry parts, but youre not needed any more : (

bestfriend.JPG

For all my cutting, no matter what it is, i use a dremel tool. Its my best friend, i dont know what i would do without it. probably not mod cases thats for sure.

my next project is going to be the pentium version of this type of case. im planning on doing windows on all three sides, and using a nvidia 5900 instead of 9800, and exposing and lighting the inside of the power supply (if its attractive). i'll probably be able to afford it in 2 months. the next pics im goign to post is when i get this thing lit up. but i havent got my weekly check in yet! : (

that's awesome dude. I never even thought the aquarius would fit ina shuttle. what are your temp's? That GPU block is very nice, good choice. Love it

so 150$ for the labor plus parts ? Do you give any warranty or soemthing like that ? I added you to my AIM B-List :) The systems look pimp :cool:

That machine is damn fine, great mods, nice and clean, I'm hoping to do a water cooled shuttled alter this year.

As for lighting colours, I think red or maybe orange might be nice, blue is played out these days.

YEah im sick of blu3. My original plan was to tint the window and put bright white lights in. my temps are lets see....*opens speedfan*.... 55C. its running at 2.35ghz so thats pretty good i guess. the 64 bit runs hotter than the 462's tho in the first place. ooo wait till you see my pentium shuttle system. its going to be pwn. even more so than this one. hah i wont even have a monitor for it! :confused:

i wonder how well those heatsinks that come with the case would do as a rad or a water block.... just fill the tubes that are used for heatpipes with water, or are they solid inside?

Originally posted by NOTD665
Can I have the old heatpipe? I'll pay shipping, I suppose.

you suppose? :p

how 'bout not only he gives you the heatpipe, not only he pays for shipping but he also gives you a $20 bill for good will. :D

Jesus man, that "I'll pay shipping, I suppose" was funny.....

yeah really, im not santa. i still want to hang on to it incase i need it later

nice mod!! hmm...i'm thinking about doing something similar soon!

what kinda temps are you running?

Originally posted by ozziegn
you suppose? :p

how 'bout not only he gives you the heatpipe, not only he pays for shipping but he also gives you a $20 bill for good will. :D

Jesus man, that "I'll pay shipping, I suppose" was funny.....

lol, I was kinda half serious, half not. I would have payed for shipping if you didn't need it anymore. But since you do, well, I guess I won't be getting it. :p

awesome mod.

the cdrom kinda bugs me though, id paint it or something if you could.

Words cannot describe what I feel right now. That is......simply amazing. I.....wow......damn, good job.

i may have to contact you sometime.... as i will be watercooling my p4 shuttle in the coming weeks.... porobably use the same kit because im a cheap bastard =|

Originally posted by ullyeus
awesome mod.

the cdrom kinda bugs me though, id paint it or something if you could.

Yeah, damn awsome mod but the cdrom front bezel looks off. Its like a dark grey opposed to the black everywhere else.

god i wish i had money for another computer, youd be the first on my list to contact. ive wanted a shuttle for a while.

keep up the great work

its the wierd camera lighting, its not grey its black. do you think i'd overlook somthing like having an ugly grey drive in there?

DSCF0004.JPG

Start of new project. SN45G that i had around collecting dust. its going to be a watercooled uv clear theme. there is going to be windows on all three sides. this is my progress at this point, the parts are still in the mail. i will post more pics as soon as its built.

Damn, I didn't even realize that the front was actualy clear, I thought you were going with the chrome/see-thru looking look with the anodized aluminum sanded off and then the surface polished. I realized when I thought about how the reflections of the door and inside of the case wouldn't be seen like that :p

/waiting to see the eye candy through the windows with your uv theme.

Back