water cooling setup

[P]inguin

n00b
Well... Ive had multiple feelings on how to setup a water cooling system to cool both the CPU and GPU equally well. I have drawn up a few designs and was wondering... what is your opinion? :confused: Click Here Thanks for your opinion.

--Pinguin ;)

Another vote for C. Waterblocks like a lot of water flow, splitting the flow between the CPU and GPU will just make both blocks perform poorly.

i agree C. not only will it be the easiest, but you are pretty much guaranteed good flow through both blocks without getting overly eleraborate and expensive.

Indeed. C is the way to go. Well, or some variant of that (in series I mean). :)

Oh, and nice drawings by the way. Those are slick!

Ok thanks all! C it is... and Dark Ember... i thank you for the comment on the drawings, but they arent mine. I just made my own from the review of the pump i am going to use. Click Here for Review. A big thanks goes to everyone for their feedback. :p

edit:

@ dangerden.com they have a waterblock for Radeon 9000/9700 Pro. Will this block also work on a 9800 Pro 128?

[P]inguin said:
@ dangerden.com they have a waterblock for Radeon 9000/9700 Pro. Will this block also work on a 9800 Pro 128?

i'm pretty sure it will, but you might want to shoot off an email to the guys at DD and ask them just to make sure. they're really good (or used to be) at answering quick questions like that

Back