::::::Warning VGA Silencer:::::::::

[H]Tek

Weaksauce
I bought a vga silencer several months ago and it worked fine initially. Today I was working on my comp and I found out the fan didn't work. Well apparently the fan works fine. What doesn't work is the power connecter for the fan on my graphics card. It is an ATi All-In-Wonder 9800 pro. Im a little pissed off cause I have to make an adapter to use the mobo's 3 pin connecter.

Does anyone have a clue why the graphics card's fan connector won't work anymore?

That sucks.. personally when I got my VGA silencer, I immediately ripped off the puny 3pin connector and wired on a 4 pin molex.

I figured any less draw through the card would be a good thing, and early on there were some reports of instability from people who were connecting the silencer directly to the card's fan header.

So I figured better safe than sorry... still goin' like a champ :) Although worth noting my max overclock on core has gone down about 10-15mhz... I assume the thermal paste I used did not age well :/

the fan could have been drawing too much current and fried voltage circuitry that supplies the connector.

this used to be an issue when people would try to connect high CFM 60mm fans to their motherboard 3 pin connectors about 2 years ago.

Back