Warm: i5-2500K at Amazon, $205

ncix was price matching microcenter, not sure if they still are.

Come on guys... NCIX matches MC.com's $180 deal. This isnt even warm.

Come on guys... NCIX matches MC.com's $180 deal. This isnt even warm.

Well, I wasn't aware of that. I've been hunting for a good price for ages and jumped on the $205 when it just cropped up.

Sorry to disappoint.

I just put in an order for a pricematch with NCIX. I actually ordered it @ 200 yesterday, but since NCIX kinda sucks, they still haven't processed that order, so hopefully they cancel it like I requested. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's when you go to cancel an order that has been on hold forever, and all of a sudden, within a day of trying to cancel, the company suddenly gets their @%$# together and tells you your order has just shipped.

Picked one up from Microcenter for $159.... decent processor...

How do you get the price match with NCIX? Do you first purchase it at original price and ask them to credit you back the difference after the purchase?

Microcenter $159 with their Facebook coupon, I have bought 3 in the last 10 days.

How do you get the price match with NCIX? Do you first purchase it at original price and ask them to credit you back the difference after the purchase?

I did this a few months ago. Essentially you add it to your cart and then there is a link or option to request a pricematch. You enter in the URL of the competing site and the price at which they are offering the item. Then you go through the checkout process. Essentially they will either accept or refuse the pricematch, or maybe counteroffer. If they accept it, then they charge you and ship the item. If they refuse it, you can go in and still order at their price, if they counteroffer, you have to go in and accept their counteroffer, or if you do nothing, it will expire after X number of days. It's relatively easy to do. You should expect a reply to the pricematch request within 24 hours. When I did the PM, I also received free shipping.

Hope this helps a bit

I purchased a used 2600k from a fellow [H] member for $240. It was only used for a couple hours, and then he swapped it for a 2700k. I trusted his perfect Heat, and it paid off.

The only reason I went with the 2600k vs. the 2500k is that I just sold my old s1366 gaming rig to someone who uses Flight Simulator X, and what sold it was the hyperthreading. It really helps with that program. I always like to sell an entire rig together, as I find I get the most money that way (when sold locally to people who know I build a great PC), so just in case I sell this one in the future to someone who needs hyperthreading, it is worth the $35 to me to buy the 2600k. Plus I like having a little more of a badass machine! :)

I sold my 1366 rig for $900, and I never could have gotten that on one of these forums, whole or parted. But it still was a sweet deal to the buyer, as he never could have gotten a machine of that horsepower through typical retail channels for the price.

NCIXUS jsut rejected my price match offer from Micro Center, saying that In-Store Only offers don't apply.

I guess I'm getting it from Amazon then..

Back