Warm Gears of War PC $39.99 @ CC

Circuit City has really been stepping it up lately. It gives me some semblance of faith in brick and mortar stores.

Circuit City has really been stepping it up lately. It gives me some semblance of faith in brick and mortar stores.

It's actually nothing new. They have always been pretty good about launch day sales on PC games. I think it's just been more apparent with the recent flux of games to market.

It's actually nothing new. They have always been pretty good about launch day sales on PC games. I think it's just been more apparent with the recent flux of games to market.

Ditto for Fry's Electronics. They do $50 -> $38.99, and $40 -> 31.99 IIRC. If it's a big name game, they'll usually knock off around 20-25%... it's been that way for at least the last two years or so.

Will Best Buy pricematch this? I have a $5 reward-zone coupon there that I've been itching to use, and $35 would be a pretty sweet price. Is price matching an easy process or do you really have to haggle them?

CC is probably one of the best of the B&M stores. They usually have a pretty good selection and their prices aren't outlandish most of the time.

If I can show up tomorrow and get it for $40 that'll be sweet. Now if they'd do GoW and CoD4 for $40 ea that would be extra sweet. :D

Just a word of warning if you don't already know this. You have to use a Games for Windows account to play online, and there are no dedicated servers.

No dedicated servers is just not acceptable for an online multiplayer game.

Just a word of warning if you don't already know this. You have to use a Games for Windows account to play online, and there are no dedicated servers.

No dedicated servers is just not acceptable for an online multiplayer game.

Yeah,that does suck if you dont already have a 360/Live account..To have to spend an extra$50 to play online really bloze..

Does the PC version still retain the multiplayer co-op like in the Xbox 360 version?

My pet peeve with CC, at least for me, is that they only have a 30 day return policy. Otherwise, I like them.

you need a gold account to play ranked games, but you can still play all the modes and co-op unranked. no dedicated server mode for some reason, this is unacceptable on a pc game.

you need a gold account to play ranked games, but you can still play all the modes and co-op unranked. no dedicated server mode for some reason, this is unacceptable on a pc game.

Am I the only person that thinks this isn't necessarily a bad thing?

Your not going to be paired up against a guy from Europe when your in the USA being forced to deal with 200 ping. If its anything like a lot of Live games, it's region specific, and that includes West/Central/East coast USA. We don't know how its going to be yet, and who knows what patches bring.

It's a nice change of pace.

Your not going to be paired up against a guy from Europe when your in the USA being forced to deal with 200 ping
I've never had that problem. I don't join a game if the ping is bad. Host advantage is a far worse thing to deal with.

doesn't appear to be in stock anywhere, Amazon.com has an instock date of november 9th, kind of sucks I was hoping to buy it today as my own birthday present.

doesn't appear to be in stock anywhere, Amazon.com has an instock date of november 9th, kind of sucks I was hoping to buy it today as my own birthday present.

Me too, I've been looking forward to this game for a long time and I'm skipping over CoD4 for it, and I can't find it at any store near me... :mad:

You can't find it because it doesn't release until tomorrow.

you could be right

Circuit City: • Release date: 11/6/2007
Amazon: • Release date: 11/6/2007 , in stock 11/9/2007
Best Buy: • Release date: 11/7/2007
Games For Windows.com: • Release date: 11/6/2007
Walmart.com: "• Online - IN STOCKCOMING SOONPREORDERS SOLD OUTOUT OF STOCKOUT OF STOCK"
Gamestop.com "Usually ships in 24 hours"

meh I'll wait a bit for CC

dont buy it until you read the shack review.. apparently it's got issues that could make or break the game for some

Visited 2 CC in my area and no Gears of War in sight. CC is traditionally crappy at selling games at planned release dates. Most likely it'll be on the shelves by tomorrow

does anyone have a higher res PDF of the ad with GoW in it? wanna pricematch it @ BB tomorrow.

host advantage ruins this game on Xbox Live, made me reverse my decision to get a 360 and GoW.

well, circuit city didn't have it in stock again, so I just took their weekly ad(which I picked up in the store) down the street to best buy who had like 10 of them. Best Buy price matched the ad and all was well... installing it now

well, circuit city didn't have it in stock again, so I just took their weekly ad(which I picked up in the store) down the street to best buy who had like 10 of them. Best Buy price matched the ad and all was well... installing it now

Protip! Gonna try it out at my local BB then, cuz the two stores here are almost next to each other. thanks!

I just got my copy from Gamestop yesterday. I had been to my local CC twice and they didnt have it, so I drove a mile down the road and pulled up just as the UPS man was going in the store. They opened the box and pulled one out for me.

Am I understanding the multplayer part correctly? There is none unless you buy Windows Live matching subscription?:confused:

Am I understanding the multplayer part correctly? There is none unless you buy Windows Live matching subscription?:confused:

No. Multiplayer is free, theres extra features for those with a Live Gold account.

Still no friggin copies around me...they don't even have CoD4 here yet.

From what I hear you can't play ranked matches or get achievements unless you have a Live Gold account.

Just picked it up from the BB and priced matched it with the CC weekdly ad, ringed up at 39.99 at the store, sweet deal!

still nothing in the B&M, but i placed my order online. hopefully it'll ship soon.

Back