*Warm*: Galaxy 8800 GT 512 MB $164.99 AR

Ogilvy

2[H]4U
This is a hot deal in my book...YMMV

http://www.ncixus.com/products/27328/88YFF6HUFEXX/Galaxy Technology/

Not much love for Galaxy, I know, but at this price with an excellent HSF, this deal is great...

-Warranty service provided by the fine folks at Galaxy H.Q. in China.

-90-day step-up program available via eBay.

-10 dollars extra for RAM heatsinks, which will raise your overall RAM overclocking potential by about 0% percent.

- NCIXUS.com will take about a year to process your order, but they're Canadian, so...

- No tax, tho....which is great if you live in NewEgg country, where 6 percent love is added to every order.

- Delivery delays are free with no rebate required, compliments of FedEx and the U.S. Customs service.

I've got this card- works like a champ!

very quiet card and runs very cool. Couldn't be happier with it.

I've got this card- works like a champ!

very quiet card and runs very cool. Couldn't be happier with it.

I know it does...it's an excellent card...but if it doesn't say "EVGA" on it...it gets dismissed.

$12 shipping? Ick..

It's express 2-day shipping from Canada.....it's not 5-day ground shipping.

I got mine pretty fast after they processed the order....and considering I didn't have to pay tax, like I would through NewEgg,.. it was well worth it.

The thing about all these 8800 deals is that it's not like any of this shit is going to jump in price AFTER THE 9800 is released, so what's the incentive? I'd rather not have to deal with iffy rebates that may or may not come three months down the line.

The thing about all these 8800 deals is that it's not like any of this shit is going to jump in price AFTER THE 9800 is released, so what's the incentive? I'd rather not have to deal with iffy rebates that may or may not come three months down the line.

The problem is, 9xxx series is complete crap and there are still 8600s to be sold.

The ammount of cards, is not letting the prices to drop by much.

The release of the 9800GTX will not suddenly make all 8800GTs $149.99

mine is overclocked to 700 and 1025...from 600 and 900. I just arbitrarily picked it because it was referenced as being about the limits of typical 8800gt's.

I've never tested higher, but no lockups at this level

As stated it's already higher than most reviews show typical for most reference cards. If you do some looking around at forums, these galaxy cards are reputed to all overclock very well.

They are smaller than most 8800gts(non-reference design), they have three phase power for better O/Cing and they have an aftermarket cooling setup by default.

confused by the pics does the card have mosfet HS's or not, in some pics they are there in others they are not...

The problem is, 9xxx series is complete crap and there are still 8600s to be sold.

The ammount of cards, is not letting the prices to drop by much.

The release of the 9800GTX will not suddenly make all 8800GTs $149.99

At least the 9600GT isn't crap. It's a great card for the price - small and power efficient, too. Made ATI lower prices on their 3870. Always a good thing.

i'm seeing 133.54 after rebate. i am sure i am an idiot to say this and not order it.....:) they are not in the usa?

FYI, depending on who you believe, Palit has already acquired (or plans to acquire) Galaxy in order to move its excess G92 stock which contractually they can not "sell" to other board partners. Supposedly, this purchase would allow Palit to transfer their dead stock to Galaxy without violating the agreement with nVidia. Galaxy's own rep denied the acquisition at CEBIT 2008... but if there is truth to any of this, Galaxy may already be selling Palit's surplus and this would explain how they are able to offer the 8800gt at such a reasonable price, after rebate of course. Palit's RMA center is in Hong Kong anyway so that doesn t make warranty issues any easier to deal with.

Also, for the record... I got my Galaxy 8800GT from NCIX and the transaction took exactly 5 days from the night I placed the order to the day the package was waiting for me on my doorstep. I know not everyone has had the same experience, but I wanted to put that out there.

Holy be-jeezus, $134....

I sold an EVGA 8800 GT for $400 on ebay less than four months ago.

alright, even lower price = absolutely have to buy :(

i see a sink for the mosfets. looks like ram is extra. guess i'll be slapping my mcw60 on here and hopefully some ramsinks in the future. overclock here we come. time to sell my beloved 7900gs

Wow... really contemplating buying this and selling my eVGA 8800GT SC. Should net $30 in pocket and have a much better cooler.

hope someone got in on the few hour window when it was down at $134

Assuming rebates go through :p anyone have experience with this issue?

My experience is, having owned one...this card is great...that's why I put it up. Runs cooler and more quiet than a stock 8800 GT and it's (now) substantially cheaper than any other i've seen. Read the NCIX user reviews...

Ha!

What was my sarcasm in my first post? That they take about year to process your order?

I placed the order today at 4:35 PM Pacific time and it shipped two hours later...

God Bless Canada.

Damn, I would of rather bought 2 of these at the $135 price for SLI than my 1 $199 MSI 8800GT OC card I just bought a few weeks ago.. errr.. always happens that when I buy stuff the price drops like a rock.. it can be very aggravating at times!

fast shipping! got mine in today. got the jumper for overvolting :). and good samsung chips too. 134ar + ship. 30 days to file the rebates gives time to play first :)

Back