Warm deal: Evga GTX 660 under $200

Hmm I wonder if I should get a second one for my spare setup. How much faster are they in SLI than a 7970 or GTX 680? I can only find like 2 half ass reviews. Wouldn't think many would SLI these.

I picked up a Gigabyte 660 yesterday. It's $204, but with a $20 rebate. Has a slight stock OC compared to the EVGA card. Seems like a great deal, especially since it still comes with the F2P cash.

Are these a great deal at $200? I own a 465GTX And thinking it might be time to upgrade...Or should I wait for the titans and next gen cards?

Good price but the blower fan is horrible. Galaxy, Asus and MSI offer much better cooling solution that is absolutely silent if you care.

I like silence..I guess I'll wait til titan hits. Prices will plummet then

How does this compare to the Powercolor 7870 Tahiti LE card that is back in stock at Newegg for $209 AC?

Iching: you are def right...That was an awesome deal. If tomb raider & bioshock infinite came with it itd be crazyy. Never heard of Galaxy buts its 189 right now with the crappy 150 in game credit, Ive always went with EVGA...Keep the deals coming ! Just curious how much can a 465GTX EVGA be sold for?

Iching: you are def right...That was an awesome deal. If tomb raider & bioshock infinite came with it itd be crazyy. Never heard of Galaxy buts its 189 right now with the crappy 150 in game credit, Ive always went with EVGA...Keep the deals coming ! Just curious how much can a 465GTX EVGA be sold for?

Yea. You can still sell in game credits for $30. EVGA is very good but I do not like stock cooling since it quite loud. You should be able to get $70 shipped for your GTX465.

If you decide to go AMD route, you may want to buy Powercolor HD7870 Myst for $209 with Bioshock and Tomb Raider.

THanks for the reply iching. How does the powercolor compare to the 660 ti? Is it worth the extra money? I have stuck with nvidia for a long time now & not sure I want to go back to ATi cards...Ive only owned one. Do you think it might be better to wait until Titan hits the market & these cards might drop even more?
I need to upgrade me Monitor as well if you can help with that. looking for a good IPS panel 24 inch best colors possible and good price

Are these a great deal at $200? I own a 465GTX And thinking it might be time to upgrade...Or should I wait for the titans and next gen cards?

Like I posted, this isn't a hot deal at all. I've been waiting months for the prices to dip below $200, so when they did I bought one (and posted this).

DAMN! I look at Slickdeals every freaking day and don't remember seeing that :(

Yea. You can still sell in game credits for $30. EVGA is very good but I do not like stock cooling since it quite loud. You should be able to get $70 shipped for your GTX465.

If you decide to go AMD route, you may want to buy Powercolor HD7870 Myst for $209 with Bioshock and Tomb Raider.

So, a couple things. First a question, how do you sell the game credits? Second, I installed this video card yesterday and it works really, really well. Between the new advances to the GPU and double the RAM size of my old card, Skyrim @ 1920x1200 with Ultra settings plays smooth with no glitches or loading problems. The fan is audible, but it's not bad. When playing a game I can't hear the cooling over the game, except for in very quiet areas. So far it doesn't bother me, but I may return it if it gets worse (or if I become too sensitive to it).

THanks for the reply iching. How does the powercolor compare to the 660 ti? Is it worth the extra money? I have stuck with nvidia for a long time now & not sure I want to go back to ATi cards...Ive only owned one. Do you think it might be better to wait until Titan hits the market & these cards might drop even more?
I need to upgrade me Monitor as well if you can help with that. looking for a good IPS panel 24 inch best colors possible and good price

I have no idea about the AMD card, but the reviews I looked at showed the 660 performing pretty closely with the 660 ti. To me, the ti was not worth the extra money, which is why I ended up with the 660. I don't game a ton though, so your requirements might be more stringent then mine.

The 7870XT based cards (like the PowerColor etc) will eat a 660TI by a healthy margin in most games and will DESTROY a plain 660..Once you factor in the HUGE overclocking headroom, I would say you could easily see 35-50% improvement over the plain 660..The fact that it comes with two AAA games that are great fun or easy to sell makes it a no brainer...

Will these prices drop even more when titan and the new gpus come out? 170 would be just right!

Lol sorry what is titan? I thought that was the next gen vid cards but I guess Im wrong. Not keeping up with everything.

It is the next gen video card from Nvidia. Sells for about a grand so since there is no competition at that level their is no need for Nvidia to drop prices on their 600 series.

The revamped 650 ti that was just released is probably the catalyst for the price drop. My guess is that it won't go much lower, as the new 650 ti will be between $150 and $170 if I'm not mistaken. I would think the 660 would stay above $180, but who knows?

Edited to fix technical mistakes.

Last edited:
Please, not here.

ccf7991d-260e-4195-a3bd-e135ecea58e7_zps5b3d0649.jpg

Let's keep the talk on deals, as we could always go into the VC subforum and debate nvidia vs AMD till we're all blue in the face... ;)

Back