[WARM?] 2x 4 Ah Ryobi batteries and get a free tool $99

I can't believe how hard it is to find a corded tool these days. I looked recently and everything has a 'battery' ecosystem that they want to loop you into.

This is a good deal, even though it's the old batteries. Obviously as it's a free gift and not a bundle, it's also hackable.
I was originally a milwaukee user, but have mostly converted to ryobi. Tools are great and the variety of tools is staggering

I can't believe how hard it is to find a corded tool these days. I looked recently and everything has a 'battery' ecosystem that they want to loop you into.
corded tools are still pretty common imo. All of the big battery operated manufacturers are still making corded versions. What are you specifically looking for?

The local re use center to me has piles of good used corded tools from people dumping them for cordless. I bought a 7 1/4” skil saw for $15 that’s only fault was it was dusty.

I'd take my M18 stuff over my corded stuff any day of the week.

The crossover from gas to battery is where I stop.

Harbor freight has a deal now. $67 for a battery and a free tool. I have the Bauer system and it’s pretty good. Even the 20v weed wacker is good enough for my 1/4 acre lot

Unless I need some super serious, extra heavy duty powah, I will grab my cordless 20V Dewalt tools first every time.... they do what I need them to do with no muss, no fuss and last a long time per charge.

The number of tools they offer that use the same batteries & chargers (of which I own a buttload) is quite extensive, and can also be found with deals similar to those already mentioned, especially during BF, Xmas, Father's Day ect...

My last deal was this past Father's day on a 14" Weed wacker with 2x 4ah batteries & a charger for $200 at Ace Hardware....the best part was that it is the one with the metal body & shaft, not the lower-end plastic one, and was only $20 more for a much heavier-duty machine that will last much longer. Plus the battery slot is multi-sized, so I can use it with any of my batteries from 2-15ah, nottaproblemo :)

But OTHO, I do still have a corded 7 1/4" Circular Saw, 1/2" Impact Drill, Angle Grinder, and Belt Sander, but only use them occasionally, as noted above :)

I have gotten heavy into Ryobi because of the more common liquidators and deep discounts on their tools (Tools direct on ebay, directtooloutlet.com 50% sales). It is much cheaper to build out a solid lineup with Ryobi than any other brand I have come across.

I'm team Milwaukee (thanks to youtuber Project Farm) but this deal is pretty good, forwarded it to a friend of mine who has Ryobi sets. Regardless of which top and popular brands you choose, they'll perform great for home use.

corded tools are still pretty common imo. All of the big battery operated manufacturers are still making corded versions. What are you specifically looking for?
About two weeks ago my brother and I went to Lowes to look for a hedge trimmer and while there were like 100 coreless options, there were literally just two corded ones. Luckily we found the one my dad used to use so we just used that instead.

The local re use center to me has piles of good used corded tools from people dumping them for cordless. I bought a 7 1/4” skil saw for $15 that’s only fault was it was dusty.
I never thought about that--recycling center or thrift store type place?

I never thought about that--recycling center or thrift store type place?
Yes. More or less a thrift store with no clothes, but reclaimed building materials thrown in. My dad has one near his house that sells old school and business computers too. Expensive though

Yes. More or less a thrift store with no clothes, but reclaimed building materials thrown in. My dad has one near his house that sells old school and business computers too. Expensive though
Interesting. I'll have to check out one of these. Cheap tools are always good as good tools always last.

I agree totally. It's almost the exact same scam as buying an inkjet printer and then having to buy expensive ink. There is NOTHING special about those cordless tool battery packs that they sell that justifies their expensive price. They put more engineering into making their batteries proprietary and locking you into their ecosystem than they put into the battery itself. Notice how the batteries always use those special non-standard screws? It's not to keep you safe...

It's just sad, because one of my other hobbies is RC Monster Trucks where I buy beefy LiPo batteries for my trucks all the time and they are nowhere near as expensive as the power-tool batteries. With a bit of stubborn effort, I've already rigged some of my Ryobi tools so that they can use generic LiPos that cost me $20-30 each. They work great.

I use corded/gas at home. Batteries don't last for crap when doing yard work. Work I use cordless since I got several battery packs that I don't have to pay for. I move around a lot for cord/air is a hassel. Also I don't have to pay for replacement batteries.

About two weeks ago my brother and I went to Lowes to look for a hedge trimmer and while there were like 100 coreless options, there were literally just two corded ones. Luckily we found the one my dad used to use so we just used that instead.
Ah, that makes more sense. The corded tools are all online but most people don't want corded, so the stores don't typically stock them. They should have a full suite of corded tools on their website though.

Ah, that makes more sense. The corded tools are all online but most people don't want corded, so the stores don't typically stock them. They should have a full suite of corded tools on their website though.
Makes sense kinda--too bad we needed something that day. Good thing we found my dad's stuff.

I'm a Makita fanboy, but I will say I get jealous of the variety of gear that brands like Milwaukee and Ryobi get.

I'm a Makita fanboy, but I will say I get jealous of the variety of gear that brands like Milwaukee and Ryobi get.
If Makita is still made in Japan like their 1990s stuff, I'm hardcore on them too. We used to have some great stuff that we got from a small clause my dad added the construction contract for our first hotel--any tools the contractor buys for use on our project is given to us at the end of the project. We had a wonderful Matika drill, cordless drill, and flashlight. All that some employees must have stolen once it was out of my brother and I's watchful eye. :mad:

If Makita is still made in Japan like their 1990s stuff, I'm hardcore on them too. We used to have some great stuff that we got from a small clause my dad added the construction contract for our first hotel--any tools the contractor buys for use on our project is given to us at the end of the project. We had a wonderful Matika drill, cordless drill, and flashlight. All that some employees must have stolen once it was out of my brother and I's watchful eye. :mad:

There are models that are still made in Japan, but I don't believe they're easily bought inside the U.S - you'd have to buy from eBay or the sort. I've never personally owned any Japanese made Makita tools but the ones I do own have still all been great tools that held up to my abuse when I was actually working in the trades.

Here's a Project Farm video on Japan made vs China made impact driver just for fun

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7hd4rKf2us

Darn the Leaf Blower is out of stock! That is the tool I'm looking to get a battery combo deal on this year.

Back