Wanting to play Metro Exodus again, but which version do I Re-Download?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Wanting to play thru Metro Exodus again but this time with my rtx3090. Im not caring to much about the ray tracing features, but I want to see how much performance I can eek out with using DLSS. Which version do i download and which version has DLSS 2.1/2.2??

For DLSS 2 you need the "Enhanced Edition". This is also the maximum Raytracing version but fwiw they did a really good job with optimization and the performance is basically the same as the original considering that before, DLSS 1 didn't increase performance much if at all and made the game look way worse.

Even with DLSS 2, Exodus Enhanced is still noticeably blurry but it'll clean up nicely with your choice of image sharpening.

installed game, and updated to that new dlss 2.2 patch DLL file and JESUS GOD THE GAME LOOKS AMAZING. Learned that my GPU OC was not stable! Apparently Ray Tracing, DLSS, and this modern game engine is more demanding then FarCry5 LOL. Ive been gaming 2160MHz IN FC5 but metro would CTD after a few minutes... lowered OC 1 notch to 2130MHz and so far game has been stable and enjoyable. Ive already beat this game last year, but really wanted it a stress test for this very reason and to test out DLSS.. Love this 3090!

Yeah, the Enhanced Edition looks wicked good. They really threw all the RT effects at it and made it run well too- my 2070 Super is sitting at like 70% GPU usage with max everything and Quality DLSS at 1080P 30FPS so I imagine your 3090 is having no trouble at all with performance. IDK if you are a gamepad user at all, but one of the recent patches added full DualSense support including Adaptive/Force Feedback Triggers which is a lot of fun if you're into that sort of thing.

I noticed my GPU usage never went above 55%-ish.... Ray Tracing set to "normal" and DLSS @ balanced. I cap my FPS to 142FPS and game never went under 142FPS... Pretty amazing

I noticed my GPU usage never went above 55%-ish.... Ray Tracing set to "normal" and DLSS @ balanced. I cap my FPS to 142FPS and game never went under 142FPS... Pretty amazing
i discoved there is a benchmark in the folder for this game so ive been testing my GPU OC using that "tool" and jesus that is a demanding title. Flashed my FTW3 Ultra to a 520w Re-bar bios and stabilized game with Raytracing and DLSS @ 2130/2145MHz @ 1.087/1.093v and 38c is the hottest it got with mem creeping to the 50c range (FCWB and active backplate installed) Very demanding title to say the least. FC5 didnt stress the system anywhere near this title. Lowest dip I saw in the benchmark was 97fps @ 2560x1080 and settings pretty much "HIGH" with DLSS. Nearly most of the benchmark (with 3 passes set on loop) FPS stayed at 142fps as that is what I set my cap too, but like i said earlier, 97fps was the absolute lowest.

I would hope that beast of a 3090 would crush 2560x1080!

I'm blown away with the performance on my stock 3090FE @ 3440x1440 with every setting cranked. I don't know anything about this DLSS DLL file but I recently completed a run of the Enhanced Edition and both expansions and was blown away.

Back