Want to buy 12TB+ Hard drives

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm super desperate for a bit more space in my NAS to expand my movie storage a little. I'm relatively poor, so i'd love to pick up some used hard drives from my fellow brothers on the [H]. Lemme know if anyone had some used or new 12TB+ hard drives for sale. :) Thanks!

I'm a little sused out by the picture in your auction that says the hard drive's status is "perfect". Are you aware that the meaning of the word perfect is "as ideal as possible"? Please explain to me why you think a s.m.a.r.t. status with 6 years of power on time is "perfect".

I'm not saying that I wouldn't buy a hard drive with 6 years of usage, but it seems extremely disingenuous and deceptive to play this off as if it's a perfect status. Wouldn't 0 hours of usage be "more perfect"? If something is could have been "more perfect", than it was objectively not "perfect" in the first place, which is what your eBay listing asserts.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Lol dude was just trying to help you out. That’s a great deal. Tons of people have purchased refurbished hard drives with no issues and the price is cheaper than you’d pay for most used drives with no warranty.

Just passing on the link, I am sure it'll be perfectly fine with that 5-year warranty.

That doesn't answer my question.

Lol dude was just trying to help you out. That’s a great deal. Tons of people have purchased refurbished hard drives with no issues and the price is cheaper than you’d pay for most used drives with no warranty.

My concern had nothing to do with other people's purchases. Please don't thread crap.

That doesn't answer my question.
contact seller.png

TBH If he's running minimal redundancy for his pr0n I can see why new/consumer level used would be preferred. Most of the positive reviews are from people running for their homelab redundant arrays, if it's just consumption media, it's a lot of work to keep up with that many drives to make the enterprise retirees viable. Just my consumer perspective.

Back