Wafer Tweezers, Anybody know anything?

FaRKle0079

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

So I'm taking a fabrication class this Fall and I need to acquire some wafer tweezers that will work for 4" wafers. I've tried looking around the web for information on the differences between them and whether or not a tweezer that will work on a 5" wafer will still be good for a 4" wafer or not.

Can anybody please point me in the right direction? I really don't think I need a pair of $50 tweezers for my needs (I thought $30 was expensive for a set of tweezers, but that seems to be where they start...).

I've not used wafer tweezers for 5" wafers, but I have used both 4" and 6". I definitely wouldn't recommend using 6" tweezers for 4" wafers. Typically the bigger the wafer, the thicker it is and the "heavier" the tweezers. A larger set of tweezers typically don't hold smaller wafers very well, the pressure applied to the wafer tends to be uneven and you have to apply more pressure to get a hold which can create a cleaving problem with small thinner wafers.

You could probably get by using a 5" set of tweezers, but it's not going to be ideal if your using 4" substrates.

This site might be worth a look, if your looking for more cost effective tweezers just for your class.
http://www.wafertweezers.com/

I've never used the site, so I can't vouch for their service or product, but I can tell you that their Model 91-4T tweezers look very similar to what I used throughout grad school and have the same features.

Back