[W]arm? Corsair H50 $59.99 @ Best Buy

at $60 the H50 is a worthy adversary to the TRUE and Megahalem. at $80... not so much. I have one and it is a good cooler. You will see best results with a push n pull setup. I saw a good 5c drop in temps with that over the stock config.

Also stock paste on the block is Shin Etsu so you don't need to supply your own as shin etsu is good stuff. Also getting this at best buy is a good idea because say it doesn't work out for you its easy to return.

Oops, should have checked back for the tip on that movers guide, I just pulled the trigger, in stock nearby! Can't wait, first venture into the liquid cooled world...

thanks op, i had been thinking of buying one of these already when i saw the deal here my wife was more than happy to let me spend the money

thanks op, i had been thinking of buying one of these already when i saw the deal here my wife was more than happy to let me spend the money

nice wife. Also Nice deal I just dont know if I am ready to buy another cooler yet.

at $60 the H50 is a worthy adversary to the TRUE and Megahalem. at $80... not so much. I have one and it is a good cooler. You will see best results with a push n pull setup. I saw a good 5c drop in temps with that over the stock config.

Also stock paste on the block is Shin Etsu so you don't need to supply your own as shin etsu is good stuff. Also getting this at best buy is a good idea because say it doesn't work out for you its easy to return.

How do you go about setting up the push/pull? Does it come with extra hardware? I was thinking of mounting it on the top vent of my P182, could I use the stock case fan?

Pretty hot deal if you ask me. The other lowest price recently was ZZF for $75 before $15 mir.

And ZZF had the older bundle where it only came with LGA 775 and LGA 1355 brackets.

This is a good deal. I love my H50.

I setup a push-pull in my Antec 1200 by removing one of the hard drive cages from one of the front facing fans. You can't see the mod from the outside, and took me about twenty minutes to do.

It brings cool air in through the case, through the radiator.

An i7 920 with a QPI of 160 and a voltage boost of .025V, with all 8 cores (HT) at full load for 24 hours converting 5 HD videos concurrently, my temperatures peaked at 70-72°C. During those 24 hours, someone shut the door to my room. When I got home from work, my room was over 85°F... it was 69°F in the rest of the house with the air conditioning turned off.

My idle temps, after a few hours of web browsing and video watching, is 45°C.

How do you go about setting up the push/pull? Does it come with extra hardware? I was thinking of mounting it on the top vent of my P182, could I use the stock case fan?

i just use two screws diagonally for each side.

This is a good deal. I love my H50.

I setup a push-pull in my Antec 1200 by removing one of the hard drive cages from one of the front facing fans. You can't see the mod from the outside, and took me about twenty minutes to do.

It brings cool air in through the case, through the radiator.

An i7 920 with a QPI of 160 and a voltage boost of .025V, with all 8 cores (HT) at full load for 24 hours converting 5 HD videos concurrently, my temperatures peaked at 70-72°C. During those 24 hours, someone shut the door to my room. When I got home from work, my room was over 85°F... it was 69°F in the rest of the house with the air conditioning turned off.

My idle temps, after a few hours of web browsing and video watching, is 45°C.

that is some high-temp there ....

not really for an i7 920

shouldn't i7 920 be cooler than my Q6600?

and mine is at 1.45v @ 3.6G with Freezer 7 Pro air cooling, which isn't that good but still keep idle temp down to 36-38 and load temp around 55-60.
and my room is pretty warm.

Has anyone tried printing this page an taking it to their local best buy for a price match?

yeah an overclocked i7 is one of the hottest chips out. keeping one thats overclocked above 3600mhz with 1.3X+ volts is impressive for any cooler.

I just ran prime95 small fft's for a nice 5minute burn test and only one of my cores got to 70c. I think thats pretty awesome considering it only has a 120mm radiator and how small it is.

I like having open space in my small case.

Has anyone tried printing this page an taking it to their local best buy for a price match?

Can order online for instore pickup. I wouldn't mess with trying to get them to price match it (although they should.)

I'm doin this tomorrow. Even if I don't replace my Scythe Ninja copper right away, for my next build, it's a great deal... especially b/c I have $20 in rewardzone points to use with it, and the store near me (Toledo) almost always honors those moving coupons...
$80-$20IR=$60-15%=$54-$20=$35. WIN.

I just got back from getting one of these. I called before I went and spoke to an employee and explained to them I would rather pay cash in-store than use my credit card and pick it up in-store. They agreed to honor the online price after confirming it from their website.

Success!

Goodbye Xigmatek Dark Knight, hello Corsair H50.

picked mine up at a store (none locally, 20 mile drive to nearest store with them in stock). on the shelf they are marked at $79.99 but do ring up as $59.99

if I remember correct, Kyle did a video review on this thing awhile back, and the review turn out this thing just isn't that good compare to average air cooler.

shouldn't i7 920 be cooler than my Q6600?

and mine is at 1.45v @ 3.6G with Freezer 7 Pro air cooling, which isn't that good but still keep idle temp down to 36-38 and load temp around 55-60.
and my room is pretty warm.
Nope, due to intel moving the memory controller onto the processor with the i3/i5/i7 lines, the processor itself generates more heat than the older Core models of processors. By making the processor more similar to an AMD chip, makes it more similar to a AMD chip in temperature. In fact heavily a heavily oc i7, makes an AMD chip look very cool by comparison.

Now the chip is more efficient than a Core chip such as your quad core, but you have to take in consideration all the northbridge and southbridge components that are now part of the processor and less to do with the motherboard.

I got mine installed in a push/pull config exhausting out of the case w/ the stock corsair fan pushing and the fan from my Xigmatek Dark Knight pulling. Current load temp when being stressed by prime95 & LinX - 74.

Ambient in my house is between 75-77 F depending on which indoor thermometer is read.

This setup is quieter than my previous setup and is hard to hear over the TV in the other room.

I don't have speed fan installed so I have no idea what my fan speeds are.

Overall, I am a satisfied customer. My prior load temps were in the upper 70's, lower 80's depending on ambient.

I may trying switching the fans to intake but I will need to make a dust filter before I do that.

Back