VPN service that lets you download Wireguaurd configs

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Question,

Does anyone know of a, preferably American, VPN service that allows you download Wireguard .conf files so I can freaking use my Unifi Dream Machine Pro with it?

I just got PIA 3 year sub, used to have them for years before that, but I cant download Wireguard conf files at all. They do not have a way you can do this so its a moot service for me.

Unifi will allow the entire router, or any subnet you choose to have dedicated 24/7 WGuard/OpenVPN connection across the whole subnet.

I have a 1gig sym fiber so I dont want to use old outdated and slow Open VPN. I only get 1/10th of my subscribed speed. On wireguard I can get about 6 to 700mbps u/d.

Thanks

Question,

Does anyone know of a, preferably American, VPN service that allows you download Wireguard .conf files so I can freaking use my Unifi Dream Machine Pro with it?

I just got PIA 3 year sub, used to have them for years before that, but I cant download Wireguard conf files at all. They do not have a way you can do this so its a moot service for me.

Unifi will allow the entire router, or any subnet you choose to have dedicated 24/7 WGuard/OpenVPN connection across the whole subnet.

I have a 1gig sym fiber so I dont want to use old outdated and slow Open VPN. I only get 1/10th of my subscribed speed. On wireguard I can get about 6 to 700mbps u/d.

Thanks
I did a lot of digging. It appears maybe Surfshark allows this.

ProtonVPN, SurfShark, and Mullvad definitely do. You can also get them for NordVPN on MacOS or Ununtu - NordVPN WireGuard Key Extraction. BTW, I'd appreciate some feedback on how your UDM Pro works with WireGuard. You can run some speed tests to see if it can achieve WireGuard's typical 750Mb/s throughput, but I think UDM routers have some WireGuard-specific issues. After about 5-10 heavy-pressure raw socket speed tests, UDM's can produce buffer overflows, soft kernel crashes, and temporarily cut all WAN connections for all devices. I guess not many look at the fact that UDM's use ancient ARM64 CPU's from 2012...

Last edited:
AirVPN

1709667908319.png

Now that this thread has aged ... Surfshark indeed allows this. I have used it now for a month plus and am happy with the service.

Back