Voom Down

Sheff

Weaksauce
I don't know how many of you guys have HDTV from Voom, but it's down. There's some corporate shakeup going on over there.

If you haven't seen Voom, it truly rocked. It kills me to realize that it's gone and it might not come back. It blew Dish network out of the water.

Just wanted to let you know.

It's like VHS vs Beta. Beta was better, but more people had VHS.

I was Dish customer for years. Then I switched to Voom and it was like night and day.

I hope Chuck can get someone to buy Voom and save it.

Yeah, VOOM was definitely a great concept - it's a shame to see them go in such a way. All the other service providers seriously need to be more aggressive about adding additional HD channels. :(

Voom was crap, no TechTV in the basic package and a majority of their HD channels were pointless ;)

That said, the picture quality on their normal channels was _incredibly_ good compared to Comcast digital cable, which my dad decided to switch from.

I would take higher picture quality over TechTV any day of the week. Maybe some of the voom specific channels meant nothing to you, but I loved GalleryHD(I'm a professional artist and teacher) and I loved Rave, where they played live hi-def concerts, not the crap you see on MTV.

And as far as TechTV goes, isn't it better to surf the net to find out that stuff? I mean, maybe it's good for video game reviews, but I'm not much of a gamer.

Considering G4's takeover of TechTV (formerly ZDTV; RIP), I can't say I'd miss it. They pretty much either scrapped or mamed my favorite programs to the point of irrelevancy.

Meh, I was just generally unimpressed with everything Voom had to offer. It just wasn't for me.

On the TechTV note: Yeah, G4 killed alot of stuff, but there are still some good shows.

Back