VMware issues...No internet on Guest OS (XP)

Kazappin

Gawd
I'm running VMware 6 on my Windows 7 installation so that I can play games that need GameGuard (not supported on windows 7).

I installed XP, configured everything with the virtual settings and bam. I get into XP but no internet. I chose NAT for the guest-host internet but no dice. I also tried bridged, but with the same result.

Is there any way to get internet on the guest OS? If not, is there any way I can uninstall VMware? Every time I try, it shuts down Windows Explorer.

Thanks!

Win7 is Beta:rolleyes:

Run Win7 in a VM....you dont want to game inside a VM anyway as it cannot access the power of your GPU.

Can you see the network 'card' from within the XP host? Is it getting an IP from the DHCP server?

Win7 is Beta:rolleyes:

Run Win7 in a VM....you dont want to game inside a VM anyway as it cannot access the power of your GPU.

Not true @ the GPU part.

What's XP showing for network cards? did you install vmware tools? WS6.5 or 6?

yeah i had the same issue before i installed vmware tools... in server 2 it is in the webgui on the right hand side.... when you click on the virtual machine... not sure in workstation...

i didnt know that workstation supported GPU with DX9 that cool... i use player and server.

hmm, cool

make sure tools is installed, and also make sure that you've enabled bridged mode on your VM, in the settings. Sounds like your VM isn't getting a connection at all.

network.jpg

My internet connection works for all 3 network modes, just the network type itself is affected.

Back